- Financial Hardship
Citi understands that you may experience a sudden change in your life causing financial hardship.
We are here to understand your situation and tailor our solutions to best suit your individual needs.
So whether your situation is caused by unemployment, injury or illness, divorce, a natural disaster or an unexpected reduction in your income, we are here to help you get back on track.
Call Debt Management Solutions
Phone: 1800 722 879 (Citi and Cuscal)
Fax: 1800 020 861
Mail: PO BOX 3453 Sydney NSW 2001
Operating hours for contact number 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday (AEST) except public holidays
Select option 1 for Credit Cards, Ready Credit and Loans
Select option 2 for Mortgages
We are able to customise solutions based on your individual circumstances. We may be able to provide you:
- Payment variations
- Reduced payment plans
- Reduced settlements
The first step is for you to provide us with detailed information about your current financial situation. You can do this by filling out a Personal Financial Summary form and sending it with supporting documentation to us at this address
PO Box 3453
Sydney NSW 2001
Or Fax it to 1800 020 861
Or email it to email@example.com by attaching it in a pdf or image format.
You may call our Debt Management Solutions team on 1800 722 879 from 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday (AEST) except public holidays, and we can help you complete the Personal Financial Summary (PFS) form over the phone and advise you what solutions we can offer and any next steps you may need to take. The sooner we have your completed PFS form the sooner we can assess your needs. In order to provide assistance, we may also require one primary and one secondary supporting document. The types of documents we may require are set out below.
If you have difficulty with providing supporting documents, you can discuss this with our Debt Management Solutions team and we may be able to provide alternate solutions.
a. Primary document: Proof of income/no income
- Payslip (if employed)
- Business Activity Statement (if self employed)
- Savings/transaction account statements (if unemployed)
- Centrelink statement (if unemployed)
b. Secondary document: Proof of your financial difficulty
- Financial difficulty due to a medical condition (illness, injury, temporary or permanent disability). Please provide medical certificates, hospital reports or work cover certificate.
- Financial difficulty due to unemployment. Please provide separation certificate from employer, proof of previous income (payslips/tax returns), maternity leave letter or New Start Allowance benefit.
- Financial difficulty due to reduction in income. Please provide proof of previous income (payslips/tax returns), accountant letter or BAS statements.
- Financial difficulty due to over commitment. Please provide proof of debt with other creditors and savings statements.
- Financial difficulty due to divorce/separation. Please provide legal documentation or Family Court Order if assets are frozen or a letter from your solicitor or representative outlining the financial impact of the divorce/separation.
- Financial difficulty due to property settlement/pending funds. Please provide copy of the contract of sale, agency agreement and other proof of funds source (for example a refinance approval).
- Financial difficulty due to unexpected expenses such as rent rise. Please provide new tenancy agreement/real estate letter.
Please provide any other additional documentation you feel supports your application for financial hardship.
We may ask for further supporting documentation depending on your circumstances.
After we receive your application, our Debt Management Solutions team will assess your application to determine eligibility and solutions, and will contact you to discuss the next steps.
During this time, if your circumstances change or you want to discuss your application you can contact our Debt Management Solutions team on 1800 722 879 from 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday (AEST) except public holidays.
You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor.
For a comprehensive listing of Financial Counsellors please visit the FCA website: financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au/Home
To talk to a Financial Counsellor by phone (or for referral) ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia.
You can also access their self help website debtselfhelp.org.au
You can also get information from the following websites:
Contact Debt Management Solutions 1800 100 823
9am-5pm, Monday - Friday (AEST) except public holidays
Below are the standard forms used by Financial Counsellors:
Citi has a long term commitment to Australia and supports the community through programs that have a sustainable impact in the communities in which we live and work.
We have three primary areas of focus; financial education, environment and education for disadvantaged youth.
Through each of these focus areas Citi provides financial support as well as opportunities for employee involvement.