Citi knows that from time to time you may experience a sudden change in your life which causes unplanned financial hardship and an urgent call for our help. That's why we provide you with short term financial relief and longer-term support.
We are here to understand your situation and tailor our financial solutions to best suit your individual needs. Depending on your circumstances, these include temporary relief on your loan or credit card repayments, loan extensions or a variation of your contract.
So whether your situation is caused by unemployment, injury or illness, divorce, a natural disaster or an unexpected reduction in your income, we are here to help you get back on track.
Contact us now
Phone: 1800 722 879 (Citi and Cuscal)
Fax: 1800 020 861
Mail: PO BOX 3453 Sydney NSW 2001.
We are dedicated to helping our customers in financial difficulty. Our staff are trained to listen to your needs and, where appropriate, offer assistance based on your personal circumstances.
Temporary financial hardship can be caused by a range of unexpected events but they all have the potential to negatively impact our customers' lives and finances;
- Injury or illness
- Divorce or separation
- A natural disaster such as fire, flood or drought
- Any unexpected reduction in income.
We are trained to assess each customer's needs on a case-by-case basis and to provide the best range of support measures to help you get back on track financially.
We are here to help our customers whose personal circumstances have left them in a position where they can no longer meet their contractual financial obligations such as loan repayments.
The types of support we may provide will be tailored to your individual needs. If your circumstances allow for hardship support our assistance could include short term.
- Loan extensions
- Payment deferrals
- Variations of contracts
- Re-aging of contracts.
As your situation improves, we will review your case and adjust our support according to your longer term needs.
Citi subscribes to the Federal Government's expanded hardship principles.
The first step is for you to provide us with detailed information about your situation so we can see if you qualify and what kind of support you need. You can do this by
- Filling out this form
- And sending it with supporting documentation to us at this address.
PO Box 3453
Sydney, NSW, 2001
We will contact you to discuss the next steps to support.
Alternatively, you can call us during business hours on 1800 722 879 (Citi and Cuscal). We will explain how the PFS form works and how to take the next steps. The sooner we have your completed PFS form the sooner we can assess your needs.
Please ensure you include supporting documents along with the PFS form to enable Citi to assess your situation properly. Examples of required supporting documents are:
- Financial difficulty due to medical conditions (illness, injury, temporary or permanent disability) please provide medical certificates, hospital reports or work cover certificate
- Financial difficulty due to unemployment please provide separation certificate from employer, proof of previous income (payslips/tax returns), maternity leave letter, New Start Allowance benefit
- Financial difficulty due to reduction in income please provide proof of previous income (payslips/tax returns), accountant letter, BAS statements
- Financial difficulty due to over commitment please provide proof of debt with other creditors and savings statement
- Financial difficulty due to divorce/separation please provide legal documentation, Family Court Order if assets are frozen
- Financial difficulty due to settlement property/pending funds please provide copy of sales contract, agency agreement, other proof of funds source
- Financial difficulty due to consolidation/refinance please provide existing mortgage statement and refinance approval
- Financial difficulty due to unexpected expenses such as rent rise please provide new tenancy agreement/real estate letter
- Please provide any other additional documentation you feel supports your application for financial assistance
- We may ask for further supporting documentation depending on the assistance required.
Citi has a long term commitment to Australia and supports the community through programs that have a sustainable impact in the communities in which we live and work.
We have three primary areas of focus; financial education, environment and education for disadvantaged youth.
Through each of these focus areas Citi provides financial support as well as opportunities for employee involvement.
You are entitled to obtain outside support from Financial Counselling Institutions. For a comprehensive listing of Financial Counsellors please visit the AFCCRA website: http://www.financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au.