Here's what you'll need to apply
Around 15 minutes to complete the application
Earn more than $35,000 a year
Be 18 years or older and an Australian resident
Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions
- If at the end of the Balance Transfer ("BT") period any portion of the BT amount is still owing, the amount will attract interest at the prevailing Annual Percentage Rate for cash advances.
- We may refuse to accept and process a BT request where it is less than $500, where it is to another Citigroup or Virgin Money-issued account, where it is to a foreign currency account, where it is to an offshore account or where it is to an account that is not in the name of the Primary Account holder.
- We will process the BTs specified by you, in the order you have nominated, in full or part, as determined by us and your available Credit Limit. We may limit BTs to a percentage of your Credit Limit. Once your Account is activated, BT requests can take up to 10 business days to be received at the other financial institution. We are not responsible for any delays whether by us or any other institution. You should continue to make payments to your nominated accounts as any remaining balances will be your responsibility.
- BTs do not earn Rewards Points.
- If you have interest free days on your account you will not get the benefit or be eligible for any interest free days on purchases unless you pay the Closing Balance in full (including any BTs) by the statement due date for two consecutive months.
Privacy Consents and Notifications
In this section 'we/us' means Citigroup Pty Limited ("Citibank") and our related companies that assist us to provide our services and 'you/your' means all borrowers named in this application.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal information
- We collect, use and disclose your personal information:
- to assess this application and future applications and to administer your credit facilities and related services;
- to conduct reviews of your facility;
- to comply with applicable laws both in Australia and overseas including (a) the National Consumer Credit Protection Act; (b) the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act; (c) State and Territory property legislation and other property-related laws (for example, to register and search for security interests); and
If you do not provide us with the information we may not be able to assess your application or administer the products or services that you are seeking.
- We usually collect your personal information directly from you. However, we may need to collect personal information about you from third parties for example, in order to assist us to process your application or to locate or communicate with you.
Disclosures of your personal information
- We may disclose to, and obtain personal information about you from:
- Citibank affiliates, sales agents and organisations that carry out functions on our behalf including card schemes, mailing houses, data processors and collection agents.
- other credit providers;
- any signatory or guarantor to the facility for which you are applying;
- any broker, financial, legal or other adviser acting in connection with your facility or application;
- regulatory and tax authorities in Australia and overseas
- credit reporting bodies (see 'Exchange of information with credit reporting bodies' below);
- any insurer relating to your facility;
- organisations wishing to acquire an interest in any part of Citibank's business; and
Disclosures to overseas recipients
- Some of the recipients to whom we disclose your personal information may be based overseas. It is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients are located but it is likely that such countries will include the United States of America, India, the Philippines and Singapore. By consenting to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients, you agree that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 shall not apply to the disclosure, meaning that Citibank will not be obliged under the Privacy Act to ensure that an overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles and we will not be liable under the Privacy Act if the recipient does not act consistently with the Australian Privacy Principles. By completing this application you consent to such overseas disclosures
Exchange of information with credit reporting bodies and other information services
- If you have made an application for commercial credit, or have obtained commercial credit from us, you agree that we can obtain credit reporting information about you from a CRB for the purposes of assessing any application for commercial credit and collecting payments that are overdue in relation to commercial credit. You also agree that we can obtain, from any business providing information about commercial credit-worthiness, commercial credit reports about you for the purposes of assessing applications for consumer or commercial credit.
- We may disclose personal information about you (including credit information, such as details about the credit that we provide to you, your repayment history and any repayment defaults) to, and obtain credit reporting information about you from, credit reporting bodies (CRBs). Our Credit Reporting Policy contains information about credit reporting, including the CRBs with which we may share your personal information, their contact details, the type of credit reporting information we share, and your rights in relation to them.
Our Policies (including how to access and correct information and make a complaint)
Your Marketing Communications Preferences
- By completing this application you agree that Citibank, its affiliate companies and their partners may use your personal information to keep you informed about other products, services and offers which may be of interest to you. They may do this by phone, mail, email and SMS or other electronic messages (without an unsubscribe facility). These consents operate indefinitely and shall remain in effect unless and until you notify us that you do not want to receive such communications. If you do not wish to receive these communications please notify us in writing or by phone on 13 24 84. Note: If you have not told us that you do not wish to receive these communications by phone, you may be contacted even if you have registered your phone number on the national Do Not Call Register.
By completing this application form, you consent as follows:
- This credit card application is for personal use
- You are an Australian resident and are over 18 years of age
- The information you have given in this application is truthful and complete
- You have read and agree to the Privacy Consent above
- You authorise your employer/accountant to provide your income details to Citigroup Pty Limited or its representatives for the purpose of assessing your application for a Citibank Credit Card account
- If you don't qualify for the card you have selected, we will process this as an application for another card.
- (For Signature & Prestige Cardholders): To provide the Special Features of your account, you authorise us to share your personal information with Mr & Mrs Smith (Prestige only), Priority Pass™ and the Visa Signature Bespoke Events Program.
Purchase with Confidence
1. Purchase with confidence
CardGuard provides comprehensive protection for your credit account repayments.
2. Always pay the lowest price
You don't have to wait for a sale to ensure you are getting the best price. If you purchase an item with your credit account and during the next 180 days the price is reduced by more than $10 in the same store or a store of the same name, you will be paid the difference.
3. Peace of mind
Provides you with cover of up to $50,000 in the event of your illness, injury or death.
4. The assurance of up to $10,000 cover
In the event of your unemployment you can be covered for part of your repayments for up to six months.
5. Affordable monthly premiums
CardGuard only costs a low 59c per $100 of your outstanding statement balance.
6. Guaranteed cover
All Citibank credit account holders aged 18 to 59 who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are guaranteed cover under CardGuard.
With CardGuard's Price Protection Benefit, you can shop with confidence. If the price of an item purchased in Australia with your Citibank credit account is reduced by $10 or more, within 180 days of the purchase date, at a store of the same name, you will receive the difference.
- You have the confidence of knowing that, if you are injured, unemployed, or become sick, you will have help with your credit account repayments.
- CardGuard costs a low 59c per month $100 of your outstanding statement balance.
Your application for CardGuard insurance is optional. Your purchase of this insurance plays no part in the credit approval process.
Electronic Communication Consent
You consent to receive statements, notices and disclosure documents that we are required to give you in relation to any facilities you hold with us, by electronic communication. You should note that paper documents may no longer be given and that electronic communications must be regularly checked. Notwithstanding this consent, we may still decide to send you paper copies in certain circumstances including where electronic delivery is unavailable or we reasonably believe your email address is not receiving the emails we send. You may withdraw this consent at any time and change to receiving paper statements, notices and documents to your nominated mail address, by notifying us through Citibank online or by phone on 13 24 84. Note: Citibank offers some of its products with electronic communication only, and if you do not provide this consent or if you withdraw it, Citibank may choose to refuse to open your account or to discontinue it.