Accidents can happen at any time and the financial impact of a serious accident can be significant. Even worse, if you were to suddenly die as the result of an accident, your family may find it hard to recover financially.
Backed by AIA Australia, one of the country's leading life insurance specialists, Citibank's accident insurance can help ensure that your family live the life you had planned for them, with the financial support they need.
Get a Prime Accident Cover quote and apply online today and you'll be covered immediately once your application is accepted.
- Cover designed to protect you and your spouse/partner up to $1 million in case of Accidental Death and $100,000 for Serious Injury
- Flexibility to choose your level of cover to suit your needs and financial security for you and/or your partner
- Provides an optional Children's Accident Cover
- 30 day cooling off period to ensure the cover meets your protection needs.
Prime Accident Cover provides:
- Accidental Death cover - from $150,000 up to $1,000,000 in the event you die as a result of an accident
- Accidental Serious Injury cover - up to $100,000 in the event you suffer an injury as a result of an accident
- Optional Children's Accident cover - up to a maximum of $25,000
- Simple application process - apply online, with no health or lifestyle questions
- Flexible payment options - You can choose what suits you with annual, monthly or fortnightly payment options
- Get cover immediately - Once your application is accepted you'll be covered immediately
- Payment when you need it - Receive a $15,000 advance payment from the Accidental Death benefit to help with costs such as funeral expenses.
To make a claim under your Prime Accident Cover, simply:
- Call 1800 042 349
- Email: email@example.com
We will then send you the claims forms for you to fill in and return with supporting documentation for the event being claimed. This will include satisfactory financial evidence of your pre-claim earnings. It is also possible that medical reports and Medicare records may be required to properly assess the claim.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Check these frequently asked questions for valuable information about Prime Accident Cover.
Prime Accident Cover is issued by AIA Australia Limited ABN 79 004 837 861, a registered life insurance company holding Australian Financial Services License Number 230043. The distributor of Prime Accident Cover is Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL No 238098 Australian credit licence 238098 ('Citibank'). Prime Accident Cover is not a product of, nor is it guaranteed by Citibank.
Most people take out life insurance at key stages in their lives such as getting married, having children or starting a new job, business or partnership. The right amount of cover should also reflect yours and your family's immediate and ongoing financial needs to fund things such as mortgage payments, education, rent, food, health insurance, car insurance and petrol. Prime Accident Cover lets you choose your level of cover depending on your age and circumstances. Whatever level you choose, your amount of cover is guaranteed to never decrease, unless you request for your cover to be reduced, which you can do at any time.
No blood tests or medicals are required. If accepted you are covered immediately.
Yes, there are no long-term contracts. If you cancel within the 30 day cooling off period, and have made no claims for this period, you will receive a full refund of any premiums paid. If you cancel outside the 30-day cooling off period no premiums will be refunded if you have elected to pay fortnightly or monthly. However, we will pay a pro rata refund where premiums are paid annually and you cancel the policy before the next annual payment is due. To cancel, you can call us on 1800 042 349. Your policy does not have any savings, investment, cash or surrender value.
Exclusions do apply and the full list is contained within the PDS.
This is a summary of the important information you should know about Prime Accident Cover. It is designed to help you decide whether or not to purchase or keep Prime Accident insurance.
No, generally premiums for this type of policy are not tax deductible.
The premium is calculated based on the level of cover you choose, your age, gender, smoker status and the answers you have given to occupation, health and lifestyle questions. In general terms, the healthier you are, the lower your premiums will be.
You can pay annually, monthly or fortnightly, with payments charged automatically to your credit card or debited from your bank account.
The latest technologies are used to keep your details confidential and secure. When you request an online quote, look for the small closed padlock () displayed by your browser in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. This tells you the connection between your computer and the servers is secure.
- View the Product Disclosure Statement for Prime Accident Cover (Adobe PDF, 155 KB)
- View the Insurance Financial Services Guide (Adobe PDF, 56 KB)
Citibank Prime Accident Cover is distributed by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL No 238098 Australian credit licence 238098 ('Citibank'). The issuer of this product is AIA Australia Limited, ABN 79 004 837 861, AFSL 230043. This product is not a deposit or liability of Citibank. The information provided is of a general nature and does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances. You should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and consider whether this product is right for you. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply as set out in the policy wording.