CardAssure credit insurance lets you relax knowing that if the unexpected were to happen to you, the outstanding balance of your credit card or flexible personal loan may be covered.
CardAssure may provide important benefits if you:
- Experience a life event such as getting married or buying a brand new car
- Become involuntarily unemployed
- Become injured or ill and unable to work
- Are diagnosed with cancer, have a heart attack or a stroke;
- Pass away.
Affordable monthly premiums
CardAssure costs just 69c per $100 of the outstanding balance on your monthly statement.
All eligible Citibank credit holders aged 18 to 59 years who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are guaranteed cover under CardAssure1.
|Benefits||Benefits Summary*||Maximum Payable Per Claim*|
|Life Events Benefit||Pays 10% of the Outstanding Balance on your Monthly Statement immediately prior to the life event if you: get married, buy a brand new car, buy a new home to live in, have or adopt a child (you or your spouse) or your spouse dies.||Up to $1,000|
|Injury Benefit||Pays 100% of the Outstanding Balance on your Monthly Statement immediately prior to the date the injury occurs or at the date of injury, if you become injured and unable to work for more than 30 days.||Up to $5,000|
|Illness Benefit||Pays 100% of the Outstanding Balance on your Monthly Statement immediately prior to the date of illness or at the date of illness, if you become ill and unable to work for more than 30 days.||Up to $5,000|
|Involuntary Unemployment Benefit||Pays 100% of the Outstanding Balance on your Monthly Statement immediately prior to the date of involuntary unemployment if you become Involuntarily Unemployed and unable to find work for more than 30 days.||Up to $5,000|
|Critical Illness Benefit||Pays 100% of the Outstanding Balance as at the date of diagnosis if you are diagnosed with Cancer, have a Heart Attack or a Stroke.||Up to $50,000|
|Death Benefit||Pays the Outstanding Balance of your credit facility at the date of your death.||Up to $50,000|
* All benefits payable are subject to maximum cumulative limits as outlined in Section 2.4 on page 13 as well as exclusions as outlined in Section 4.3 on page 18 and Section 7. Definitions. Please view these in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
Applying for CardAssure is easy and there are absolutely no medical examinations required.
To apply for CardAssure simply call Citibank on (02) 8288 2296, or
Print the CardAssure application form and mail the completed form to:
CardAssure Administrator - Applications
Reply Paid 40
Sydney NSW 2001
You can apply for CardAssure insurance if you:
- Have a valid Citibank credit card or revolving credit account
- Are aged 18 to 59 years of age; and
- Have based your decision to purchase CardAssure on the CardAssure Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
This website contains general information only and does not take in to account your individual financial objectives, situation or needs. Before acting on this information you should assess, with or without the assistance of a financial adviser, whether this product is right for you. Terms and conditions apply. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision about the product. View the Insurance Financial Services Guide
- To apply you need to be aged 18 to 59 years old. Application criteria also includes being an Australian citizen or a New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident and residing in Australia at the time of applying. You must have based your decision to purchase CardAssure on the CardAssure Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) which you have read and considered and which includes details on privacy and how personal information is collected and disclosed.
Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098 (Citibank) is the distributor of CardAssure insurance and provides administration services in relation to the insurance under an arrangement with the issuer, MetLife Insurance Limited ABN 75 004 274 882, AFSL 238096 (MetLife).