Your home loan security is the asset (usually one or multiple properties) used to secure your loan with Citibank. There are many reasons you might be looking to change the way your existing home loan security is set up:
- Selling your property
- Refinancing your loan
- Partial Security Release (releasing one of your properties)
- Repaying your loan
To fully OR partially discharge your home loan, please follow these steps:
Print and Complete the Security Release Request (Adobe PDF, 148kb). Please ensure that all borrowers/property owners/guarantors sign the form.
Return the completed form via document upload at www.citibank.com.au/upload.
- Complete all appropriate sections of the form in full (missing/incorrect details may result in delays).
- We may need to contact you to verify your request, so please make sure your contact details are correct. Simply sign into Citibank online and click on the "My Profile" link to check and update.
- Please allow at least ten days for processing your request. If you are requesting a partial discharge, please allow additional time as this may require a credit assessment and/or updated property valuations on the remaining securities.
SECURITY RELEASE REQUEST
What happens next
- We will start reviewing and actioning your request once we receive your completed Security Release Request.
- Citibank and its Settlement Agent will provide regular status updates during the discharge process.
- Fees and charges will apply. Please refer to https://www.citibank.com.au/aus/home_loans/pdf/fee_schedule.pdf for details of Citibank’s fees and charges.
Please read the “Things you need to know when releasing a security” section in the Security Release Request as this contains important information about how we will process your request.
Call us on 1300 131 127 between 8.30am and 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday.
Contact us online about your Citibank Home Loan.