About the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card
Apply for the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card today and receive 70,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first spend within 90 days from card approval2.
Life's opportunities are yours for the taking. Earn up to 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent1. Plus enjoy exclusive travel benefits such as complimentary airport transfers3, a Priority Pass with unlimited lounge access 4 and a free night per year at one of our premium hotel partners around the world5.
Rewards and benefits
Redeem your Qantas Points for Classic Flight Rewards on Qantas, Jetstar and participating partner airlines, or for products, experiences and vouchers from the online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store6.
Uncapped earn rates1:
For all eligible International Spend
For selected domestic purchases made and booked directly from a range of major: restaurants and restaurant chains, hotel chains and airlines (flights only)
For selected domestic purchases made at major: petrol outlets, supermarkets and national retailers
Qantas Points per $1 spent everywhere else on domestic Eligible Transactions
Points are automatically transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each Statement Period. Simply opt-in upon account activation and provide us with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number15
Exclusive Travel Benefits
Take the opportunity to arrive in style with a complimentary one-way transfer to or from selected airports twice per year in the Asia Pacific. Plus enjoy unlimited airport lounge access for you and a guest with a complimentary Priority Pass4. www.prioritypass.com.
Complimentary nights with our premium hotel partners around the world
Enjoy a little luxury with a complimentary night at one of our premium hotels around the world. Plus, take the opportunity to extend your trip with a complimentary extra night at any hotel worldwide when you stay for four consecutive nights5.
Dedicated service is yours
No time to plan rewarding moments? Let your personal concierge lend a helping hand. From recommending a restaurant in New York, to booking theatre tickets at home, they can assist you from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us on the Citi Prestige Priority numbers: 1800 782 9481800 782 948 or +61 2 8225 0042+61 2 8225 0042 (chargeable) if calling from overseas.
Complimentary travel insurance
Ensure you’re covered whatever opportunity you pursue with complimentary cover including International Travel Insurance, Purchase Cover Insurance and Extended Warranty7. Find out more here
Enjoy a free bottle of wine, on us
Receive a free bottle of wine on us every time you dine at a partner restaurant and pay with your Citi card, thanks to the Citibank Dining Program8.
Tee off around the world with three complimentary green fees at participating golf clubs each year9 and get exclusive access to some of the most sought-after events in Australia before they're released to the general public with Visa Front Line Access10.
Want more rewarding opportunities?
Then access these amazing offers at home or across the globe. Whether dining, shopping or local experiences, there is something there for you.
Visit www.citiworldprivileges.com/au for the latest offer details11.
Rates and Fees
Balance transfer rate
0% p.a. for 6 months12. Cash advance rate after 6 months.
$700, plus a $49 annual fee for enrolment in the Citi Qantas Rewards Program13
Additional cardholder fee
$0. You may have up to four (4) additional cardholders, who must be 16 years or older.
Retail purchase rate
Cash advance rate
Interest free period
Up to 44 days interest-free14
Maximum credit limit
There may be circumstances in which you have to pay other fees. A full list of current fees applicable to this credit card can be viewed at the Citi fees and charges page.
Emergency card and cash
Think your Citi Prestige Qantas card has been lost or stolen? We'll arrange for emergency cash to be sent to your current location and cancel your card. We'll also arrange to have a new card delivered to you within two working days.
Fraudshield® detects irregular transactions on your account, and Citi’s 2 Way SMS Alerts 24/7 service allows us to immediately alert you via text message of any credit card transactions deemed to be suspicious, and enables you to confirm instantly whether a transaction is genuine or fraudulent.
Visit Online Security at Citi for more information and to ensure you have provided us with your current mobile phone number to benefit from this service.
Complimentary International Travel Insurance7
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Prestige card and you and your family may be covered for medical expenses, trip cancellation due to unexpected circumstances, loss or theft of personal items and more.
Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance7
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Prestige card and you and your family may receive up to $500,000 if you were to sustain a fatal injury as a passenger whilst travelling.
Complimentary Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance11
Purchase your travel tickets with your Prestige card and you may be covered for events like flight delays, cancellations, baggage delays and personal item damage.
Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance7
If items are lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase on your Prestige card, they may be repaired, replaced, rebuilt or reinstated, free of charge if you make a claim within 21 days.
Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurance7
Generally, the manufacturer's warranty period is doubled, up to 12 months, when you purchase items with your Prestige card.
Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme7
Guaranteed Pricing Scheme enables you to receive a refund of the price difference when you purchase in-store and then see the same product advertised at a lower price in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased, you can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75, up to $500 and the product hasn't been purchased online.
Using your card
Accessing your account
Manage your finances when and where you want with:
- Citibank Online
- The Citi Mobile® Banking App
- CitiPhone Banking
Visa credit cards have worldwide acceptance at 40 million locations.
With Visa payWave, make payments under $100 quickly and securely by tapping your credit card – there's no need for a signature or pin.
Use your Citi Prestige Qantas card with Samsung Pay to make purchases on the go. Learn more about Samsung Pay
Receiving your statements
You will receive your statements monthly, either online via e-statements or by mail.
What information do I need to apply?
Having the following information ready will make it quicker for you to complete your application.
- Details about your employment (e.g. employment status, employer's contact details, time with employer in years and months)
- If you are self-employed, your accountant's name, name of their accounting firm, and contact phone number
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- For balance transfers, name on account, type of card/account, card/account number, amount being transferred and the issuing organisation's name and address
For further information, visit our How to Apply page
What can I redeem Qantas Points for in the Qantas Rewards Program?
With the Citi Prestige Qantas Card, you will be opting-in to the Citi Qantas Rewards Program4.
You have the option to redeem your Qantas Points for Classic Flight Rewards on Qantas, Jetstar and participating partner airlines, or for products, experiences and vouchers from the online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store5.
What does the Citi Mobile® Banking App offer?
With Citi's Mobile® App, you're in control of your finances even on the move. Our One-Time PIN mobile banking security feature means you'll always have peace of mind when banking online.
- Instantly activate your credit card
- Check your balance and a real-time display of your credit card transactions
- Receive account alerts as push notifications
- iPhone users can sign in using their fingerprint with Touch ID Sensor
- Find and book Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants
Still have a question?
To access the full Terms and Conditions related to this product, click here.
Fees and charges apply. Cards are offered, issued and administered by Citigroup Pty Limited. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit Criteria apply. New cards customers only.
#Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $75,000 per year and your credit rating.
- All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Citi Prestige Qantas Rewards Card earns 1.5 points per $1 for selected purchases made and booked directly from a range of major restaurants and restaurant chains, major hotel chains and flights directly booked with major airlines. 1 Point per $1 for selected purchases made at major petrol outlets, major supermarkets and major national retailers. 0.5 Point per $1 spent everywhere else on Eligible Transactions. 1.5 Points per $1 spent on eligible International Spend. Domestic Spend and International Spend means any Eligible Transaction made with a merchant who respectively tells us they are located within Australia or outside Australia. Please click here for the full definition of Eligible Transactions. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citi Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account. Please note purchases not ordered or booked directly from the restaurant, hotel or airline (e.g. through a delivery company, travel agent, or aggregation site) are not included in the higher earn rate. Please note that whether or not a purchase is eligible to earn Points and how many (e.g. whether the merchant is a "major restaurant") will be determined based on card scheme information ultimately provided either by the merchant (including individual outlets) or its financial institution (including information about the type of business conducted by the merchant). If, for example, a restaurant is not classified as a restaurant by the card scheme, it will not be treated as a "major restaurant" for calculating Points.
- To earn 70,000 bonus Citi Rewards Points, you must apply for a Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card by 30 June 2018, then spend on your card within 90 days of approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Refunds, Chargebacks and Special Promotions do not contribute to the spend threshold. Bonus Points will ordinarily be credited within 6 - 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Offer may be extended. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citi Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account.
- Luxury Airport Transfer Service is a Special Feature of the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card. Each Citi Prestige Qantas cardholder is entitled to one complimentary one-way airport transfer service per itinerary. This is capped at two redemptions per calendar year per card. Luxury airport transfer services will only be available for the primary cardholder, and will incur additional charges for extra stops, cancellation/amendment fees and waiting time charges, which will all be borne by the cardholder in USD. Luxury airport transfer imposes limits on the number of passengers per car and/or the number of luggage per passenger. This service is limited to a maximum of 2 large suitcases and 4 passengers per car. All booking is subject to availability. Booking for the services must be made at least 72 hours prior to commencement of travel. Available for trips to and from the airports at selected airports in the Asia Pacific region only. Luxury airport transfer services have a complimentary transfer allowance limit, which is based on driven kilometres in each city. Kilometre limits vary from city to city. Any excess charges beyond the complimentary kilometre allowance will be advised to cardholder upon confirmation of the booking. All charges must be made on Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card and will be in USD. Please refer to full Terms and Conditions.
- One complimentary Priority PassTM Membership, with unlimited lounge visits, for the primary cardholder is a Special Feature of the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card. Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card cardholders must enrol for the Priority Pass Standard Membership at prioritypass.com/citibankaus. The primary cardholder may bring one guest per visit. Any additional guests will be charged directly by the lounge. Once you have enrolled, please allow up to 15 working days for your Priority Pass card to arrive in the mail. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following membership year. The membership is subject to the Priority PassTM Conditions of Use. Please note that within Australia, Priority Pass is currently available at Cairns, Darwin and Brisbane International Airports and Sydney Kingsford Smith. For the full list of up to date airport lounges and Priority PassTM Conditions of Use please refer to www.prioritypass.com.
- Complimentary Hotel Stay is a Special Feature of the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card. The Complimentary Hotel Stay Benefits available to Citi Prestige primary cardholders once (per account) in every calendar year. Bookings must be made and used only in that calendar year. Unused complimentary hotel stay will be forfeited on the 31st December of each calendar year and cannot be carried forward to the next year. In order to receive the Complimentary Hotel Stay Benefit you must maintain your account in good standing, including (without limitation) by paying at least the minimum due on the most recent card statement by the due date. Booking for the services must be made at least 48 hours prior to commencement of stay. Complimentary Hotel Stay Benefit is subject to availability. Complimentary Hotel Stay Benefit is based on the room category listed with the hotel with a maximum of two people allowed per room. Any different bedding configurations and room upgrades must be paid by the cardholder. Please refer to full Terms and Conditions.
- Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited, particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Flight Reward seats available. The ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges for travel entirely within Australia and selected international flights (commencing in Australia) is only available when booking at qantas.com and 'Search Classic Flight Rewards' is not selected. For domestic New Zealand Classic Flight Rewards, the ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges with Qantas Points is only available on qantas.com when the 'Search Classic Flight Rewards' checkbox is ticked before searching for flights. Classic Flight Reward seats must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply), unless you are booking on qantas.com where you can book up to 2 hours before departure for domestic flights or up to 4 hours before departure for international flights. Applicable pricing will be displayed during the booking process on qantas.com. To find out more about Classic Flight Rewards, visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards.
- Complimentary Insurance is issued and managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) (AFSL No.245631 ABN 52 097 227 177), 74 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850), 2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, and is subject to Terms, Conditions, and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine.
- Golf Privileges are a Special Feature of the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit card. Three (3) complimentary green fees for Citi Prestige Visa primary cardholders at participating golf clubs per calendar year. Offer is fully subsidized by Visa and not a direct offer from the golf clubs. Offer is valid for Citi Prestige primary cardholders only with cards issued within Asia Pacific. Citi Prestige Visa primary cardholders are entitled to book and play for a maximum of 3 times per calendar year. Maximum 3 Citi Prestige primary cardholders are allowed to use the complimentary green fee per flight. Bookings cannot be made less than 5 calendar days and more than 14 calendar days in advance before day of tee-off. Note that day of tee-off does not count. Citi Prestige Visa cardholders must follow the terms and conditions of booking set out in the full Terms and Conditions.
- Visa Front Line Access supplied by Visa. Visit www.visaplatinum.com.au for details.
- Payment must be made using a Citi Credit Card. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citi and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com/au for up-to-date offer details.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application, for a period of 6 months. The 6 month promotional period commences once balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.74% p.a. The current variable Annual Percentage Rate for retail purchases is 20.99% p.a. Offer ends 30 June 2018. Offer may be extended.
- Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual fee of $700. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply for enrolling in the Citi Qantas Rewards Program.
- The maximum 44 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 44 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.
- Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citi Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account.
- Free Nights Program is a Special Feature of the Citi Prestige Qantas cardholder Valid for Citi Prestige Qantas primary cardholders only. A minimum of 4 consecutive nights' stay is required in order to enjoy one night on a complimentary basis. The maximum complimentary night’s stay is one and all other nights will be borne at the cardholder's cost. There are no credits for any unused free nights if the guest checks out early. Only one complimentary night is allowed per Citi Prestige primary cardholder per room per booking. Complimentary night has no refund value. To qualify for the complimentary night, booking for the services must be made at least 48 hours prior to commencement of stay, and the cardholder who booked the stays must be one of the paying guests. Complimentary night must be utilized during the same stay as the purchased nights; purchased and complimentary nights must be of the same room types. Back-to-back stays are not allowed. Back-to-back stays are stays at the same city/state booked on two reservations (as an example, you book four nights at a hotel on one; reservation for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and book another four nights on another reservation for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night for the 8 nights stay). Please refer to full Terms and Conditions.
© 2018 Citigroup Pty Limited. All rights reserved. ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.