About the Citi Simplicity Credit Card
Life will be a little simpler with no annual fee and no late fees, ever. Plus for a limited time, save with 0% p.a. for 15 months on balance transfers (1.5% balance transfer fee applies) – reverts to cash advance rate1. You can also enjoy up to $50 cash back – you'll earn 5% cash back on all retail purchases (up to $1000 spend) in the first 90 days from account approval2.
Rates and Fees
Balance transfer rate
0% p.a. for 15 months with a 1.5% BT fee. Reverts to cash advance rate1.
No annual fee, ever
Additional cardholder fee
No annual fee, ever. You may have up to four (4) additional cardholders, who must be 16 years or older.
Retail purchase rate
Cash advance rate
Interest free period
Up to 55 days interest-free3
Maximum credit limit
There may be circumstances in which you have to pay other fees. A full list of current fees applicable to this credit card can be viewed at the Citi fees and charges page.
Rewards and benefits
Enjoy up to $50 cash back
Earn 5% cash back on all retail purchases (up to $1,000 spend) in the first 90 days from account approval2.
Free wine when you dine
With the Citibank Dining Program, enjoy a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at hundreds of participating restaurants and pay with your Citi card4. Learn more
Peace of mind
Citi Simplicity includes complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and more8. Select the 'Security' tab for details, or find out more here.
Visa Platinum Privileges5
With Visa Front Line Access, purchase some of the hottest tickets in town before they’re released to the general public. Plus, experience more at home and overseas with exclusive offers including travel, entertainment and leisure.
Personal concierge service6
From hiring a private yacht in Fiji to tickets for a show in Sydney, all it takes is a phone call to your 24/7 concierge.
Simply call 1300 369 1451300 369 145.
Citi World Privileges
Access amazing offers at home or across the globe. From dining to shopping, sports to spas there is something for you.
Visit www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for the latest offer details7.
Emergency card replacement
24/7 customer service if your card is lost or stolen.
Fraudshield® detects irregular transactions on your account, and Citi's 2 Way SMS Alerts 24/7 service allows us to immediately alert you via text message of any credit card transactions deemed to be suspicious, and enables you to confirm instantly whether a transaction is genuine or fraudulent.
Visit Online Security at Citi for more information and to ensure you have provided us with your current mobile phone number to benefit from this service.
Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance8
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Simplicity card and you and your family may receive up to $500,000 if you were to sustain a fatal injury as a passenger whilst travelling.
Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance8
If items are lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase on your Simplicity card, they may be repaired, replaced, rebuilt or reinstated, free of charge if you make a claim within 21 days.
Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurance8
Generally, the manufacturer's warranty period is doubled, up to 12 months, when you purchase items with your Simplicity card.
Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme8
Guaranteed Pricing Scheme enables you to receive a refund of the price difference when you purchase in-store and then see the same product advertised at a lower price in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased, you can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75, up to $500 and the product hasn't been purchased online.
Using your card
Accessing your account
Manage your finances when and where you want with:
- Citibank Online
- The Citi Mobile® Banking App
- CitiPhone Banking
Visa credit cards have worldwide acceptance at 40 million locations.
With Visa payWave, make payments under $100 quickly and securely by tapping your credit card – there's no need for a signature or pin.
Use your Simplicity card with Samsung Pay to make purchases on the go. Learn more about Samsung Pay
Turn your AndroidTM smartphone into a mobile wallet and experience a faster, more convenient way to pay. Find out more about Citi Pay.
Receiving your statements
You will receive your statements monthly, either online via e-statements or by mail.
What information do I need to apply?
Having the following information ready will make it quicker for you to complete your application.
- Details about your employment (e.g. employment status, employer's contact details, time with employer in years and months)
- If you are self-employed, your accountant's name, name of their accounting firm, and contact phone number
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- For balance transfers, name on account, type of card/account, card/account number, amount being transferred and the issuing organisation's name and address
For further information, visit our How to Apply page
What does the Citi Mobile® Banking App offer?
With Citi's Mobile® App, you’re in control of your finances even on the move. Our One-Time PIN mobile banking security feature means you'll always have peace of mind when banking online.
- Instantly activate your credit card
- Check your balance and a real-time display of your credit card transactions
- Receive account alerts as push notifications
- iPhone users can sign in using their fingerprint with Touch ID Sensor
- Find and book Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants
Still have a question?
Cards are offered, issued and administered by Citigroup Pty Limited. Terms, conditions and credit criteria apply. Other fees and charges may apply. New cards customers only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
#Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $35,000 per year and your credit rating.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application, and the balance transfer fee, for a period of 15 months. The 15 month promotional period commences once the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance and balance transfer fee will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 19.99% p.a. Offer ends 30 June 2018. Offer may be extended.
- 5% cash back can be earned on all eligible purchases, made in Australia and internationally, of up to $1,000 spend in the first 90 days from account approval. Maximum cash back that can be awarded is $50. To qualify for the cash back, the eligible purchases can be made by both the primary and additional card holders. Eligible purchase means any Retail Purchase which is made by the use of a Card or any other means permitted by Citibank, excluding (but not limited to) transactions by way of Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, fees, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, foreign exchange and ATM/ Bank charges, interest charges, finance charges, government charges, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, insurance charges, payments to Citibank loan accounts (mortgage etc), purchases in excess of limits on the Account, transactions made in operating a business and if the Account is more than $10,000 in credit only, and all other transactions. Charge backs, refunds or fraudulent transactions are not eligible to receive cash back. Cash back will be credited to the approved accounts within 8 weeks after the qualifying purchases have been made. Offer ends 30 June 2018. Offer may be extended.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or when you have Balance Transfers.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine
- Exclusive Platinum Visa Entertainment Offers supplied by Visa. Visit http://www.visaplatinum.com.au for details.
- Exclusive Visa Platinum 24/7 concierge service supplied by Visa. Visit http://www.visaplatinum.com.au for details.
- Payment must be made using a Citi Credit Card. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citi and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for up-to-date offer details.
Complimentary Insurance is issued and managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) (AFSL No. 245631 ABN 52 097 227 177), 74 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850), 2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, and is subject to Terms, Conditions, and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance
For any claims lodged prior to 1st May 2016, Complimentary Insurance is provided automatically to cardholders under a master agreement between Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL No. 232507 and Citigroup Pty Limited, and is subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance
© 2018 Citigroup Pty Limited. All rights reserved. ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.