About the Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card
Apply for the Citi Signature Qantas Credit card today and receive 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $2,000 within 90 days from card approval2. Plus, enjoy a reduced annual fee of $199 in the first year3 (normally $395), with an annual $49 fee for the Citi Qantas Rewards Program4. Earn up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent plus receive a complimentary Priority PassTM membership with two airport lounge visits per year to ensure you always travel in style5.
Rewards and benefits
Earn the rewards that mean the most to you
Redeem your Qantas Points for Classic Flight Rewards6 on Qantas, Jetstar and participating partner airlines, or for products, experiences and vouchers from the online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store7.
For all eligible International Spend
For selected domestic purchases made and booked directly from a range of major: restaurants and restaurant chains, hotel chains, airlines (flights only), travel agencies and travel aggregators
For selected domestic purchases made at major: petrol outlets, supermarkets and national retailers
Everywhere else on domestic Eligible Transactions (up to $20,000 per Statement Period)
Points are automatically transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each Statement Period. Simply opt-in upon account activation and provide us with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number4.
Travel in style
Reward yourself with a complimentary Priority Pass membership with two airport lounge visits per year5.
Peace of mind
Ensure you're covered whatever opportunity you pursue, with complimentary cover including International Travel Insurance, Purchase Cover Insurance and Extended Warranty8. Find out more here.
Personal concierge service
No time to plan rewarding moments? Let your personal concierge lend a helping hand . From recommending a restaurant in New York, to booking theatre tickets at home, they can assist you from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply call 1800 818 0081800 818 008.
Enjoy a free bottle of wine, on us
Receive a free bottle of wine on us every time you dine at hundreds of partner restaurants and pay with your Citi card, thanks to the Citibank Dining Program9.
Want more rewarding opportunities?
Then access these amazing offers at home or across the globe. Whether dining, shopping or local experiences, there is something there for you.
Visit www.citiworldprivileges.com/au for the latest offer details10.
Rates and Fees
Balance transfer rate
0% p.a. for 6 months11. Cash advance rate after 6 months.
$199 annual fee in the first year (normally $395)3, with an annual $49 fee for the Citi Qantas Rewards Program4
Additional cardholder fee
$0. You may have up to four (4) additional cardholders, who must be 16 years or older.
Retail purchase rate
Cash advance rate
Interest free period
Up to 55 days interest-free12
Maximum credit limit
There may be circumstances in which you have to pay other fees. A full list of current fees applicable to this credit card can be viewed at the Citi fees and charges page.
Emergency card replacement
24/7 customer service if your card is lost or stolen.
Fraudshield® detects irregular transactions on your account, and Citi's 2 Way SMS Alerts 24/7 service allows us to immediately alert you via text message of any credit card transactions deemed to be suspicious, and enables you to confirm instantly whether a transaction is genuine or fraudulent.
Visit Online Security at Citi for more information and to ensure you have provided us with your current mobile phone number to benefit from this service.
Complimentary International Travel Insurance8
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Citi Signature Qantas card and you and your family may be covered for medical expenses, trip cancellation due to unexpected circumstances, loss or theft of personal items and more.
Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance8
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Citi Signature Qantas card and you and your family may receive up to $500,000 if you were to sustain a fatal injury as a passenger whilst travelling.
Complimentary Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance8
Purchase your travel tickets with your Citi Signature Qantas card and you may be covered for events like flight delays, cancellations, baggage delays and personal item damage.
Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance8
If items are lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase on your Citi Signature Qantas card, they may be repaired, replaced, rebuilt or reinstated, free of charge if you make a claim within 21 days.
Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurance8
Generally, the manufacturer's warranty period is doubled, up to 12 months, when you purchase items with your Citi Signature Qantas card.
Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme8
Guaranteed Pricing Scheme enables you to receive a refund of the price difference when you purchase in-store and then see the same product advertised at a lower price in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased, you can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75, up to $500 and the product hasn't been purchased online.
Read more about our insurance products.
Using your card
Accessing your account
Manage your finances when and where you want with:
- Citibank Online
- The Citi Mobile® Banking App
- CitiPhone Banking
Visa credit cards have worldwide acceptance at 40 million locations.
With Visa payWave, make payments under $100 quickly and securely by tapping your credit card – there's no need for a signature or pin.
Enjoy all the benefits of your Citi credit card using Apple Pay. It’s the easy and secure way to pay*.
Learn more about Apple Pay.
Use your Citi Signature Qantas card with Samsung Pay to make purchases on the go. Learn more about Samsung Pay
Receiving your statements
You will receive your statements monthly, either online via e-statements or by mail.
What information do I need to apply?
Having the following information ready will make it quicker for you to complete your application.
- Details about your employment (e.g. employment status, employer's contact details, time with employer in years and months)
- If you are self-employed, your accountant's name, name of their accounting firm, and contact phone number
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- For balance transfers, name on account, type of card/account, card/account number, amount being transferred and the issuing organisation's name and address
For further information, visit our How to Apply page
What can I redeem Qantas Points for in the Qantas Rewards Program?
With the Citi Signature Qantas Card, you will be opting-in to the Citi Qantas Rewards Program3.
You have the option to redeem your Qantas Points for Classic Flight Rewards5 on Qantas, Jetstar and participating partner airlines, or for products, experiences and vouchers from the online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store6.
What does the Citi Mobile® Banking App offer?
With Citi's Mobile® App, you’re in control of your finances even on the move. Our One-Time PIN mobile banking security feature means you'll always have peace of mind when banking online.
- Instantly activate your credit card
- Check your balance and a real-time display of your credit card transactions
- Receive account alerts as push notifications
- iPhone users can sign in using their fingerprint with Touch ID Sensor
- Find and book Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants
Still have a question?
To access the full Terms and Conditions related to this product, click here.
Fees and charges apply. Cards are offered, issued and administered by Citigroup Pty Limited. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit Criteria apply. New cards customers only.
#Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $75,000 per year and your credit rating.
*Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, in selected apps, and on participating websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and selected apps (requires iPhone 6 or later); with iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later in selected apps and on participating websites in Safari; and with Mac (2012 or later) on participating websites in Safari with an Apple Pay–enabled iPhone or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see support.apple.com/en-au/km207105. You can use Apple Pay in stores/merchants wherever NFC contactless payment is accepted. For certain merchant terminals, a transaction limit may apply. You can also make in-app purchases and websites in Safari where Apple Pay is available as a payment option. Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Touch ID and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program . Citi Signature Qantas Rewards Card earns 1 Point per $1 for selected purchases made and booked directly from a range of major restaurants and restaurant chains, major hotel chains, major travel agencies, major travel aggregators and flights directly booked with major airlines. 0.75 Point per $1 for selected purchases made at major petrol outlets, major supermarkets and major national retailers. 0.5 Point per $1 spent everywhere else on eligible Domestic Spend for the first $20,000 spent each Statement Period. 1 Point per $1 spent on eligible International Spend. Domestic Spend and International Spend means any Eligible Transaction made with a merchant who respectively tells us they are located within Australia or outside Australia. Please click here for the full definition of Eligible Transactions. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citi Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account. Please note purchases not ordered or booked directly from the restaurant (e.g. through a delivery company) are not included in the higher earn rate. Please note that whether or not a purchase is eligible to earn Points and how many (e.g. whether the merchant is a "major restaurant") will be determined based on card scheme information ultimately provided either by the merchant (including individual outlets) or its financial institution (including information about the type of business conducted by the merchant). If, for example, a restaurant is not classified as a restaurant by the card scheme, it will not be treated as a "major restaurant" for calculating Points.
- To earn 50,000 bonus Citi Rewards Points, you must apply for a Citi Signature Qantas Credit card by 30 September 2018, then spend $2,000 on your card within 90 days of approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Refunds, Chargebacks and Special Promotions do not contribute to the spend threshold. Bonus Points will ordinarily be credited within 6 - 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Offer may be extended. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citi Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account.
- Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual fee of $199 in the first year. This will revert to the full annual fee, currently $395, in subsequent years. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply for enrolling in the Citi Qantas Rewards Program.
- Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citi Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account.
- One complimentary Priority PassTM Standard Membership, with two complimentary lounge visits, for the primary cardholder is a Special Feature of the Citi Signature Qantas Credit card. Citi Signature Qantas Credit card cardholders must enrol for the Priority Pass Standard Membership at prioritypass.com/citibankaus. Once you have enrolled, please allow up to 15 working days for your Priority PassTM card to arrive in the mail. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following membership year. The total number of complimentary visits will be reset to two at the beginning of each membership year while you remain a Citi Signature Qantas Credit card cardholder. The membership is subject to the Priority PassTM Conditions of Use. Please note that within Australia, Priority Pass is currently available at Cairns, Darwin and Brisbane International Airports and Sydney Kingsford Smith. For the full list of up to date airport lounges and Priority PassTM Conditions of Use please refer to www.prioritypass.com.
- Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited, particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Flight Reward seats available. The ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges for travel entirely within Australia and selected international flights (commencing in Australia) is only available when booking at qantas.com and 'Search Classic Flight Rewards' is not selected. For domestic New Zealand Classic Flight Rewards, the ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges with Qantas Points is only available on qantas.com when the 'Search Classic Flight Rewards' checkbox is ticked before searching for flights. Classic Flight Reward seats must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply), unless you are booking on qantas.com where you can book up to 2 hours before departure for domestic flights or up to 4 hours before departure for international flights. Applicable pricing will be displayed during the booking process on qantas.com. To find out more about Classic Flight Rewards, visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards
- Complimentary Insurance is issued and managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) (AFSL No.245631 ABN 52 097 227 177), 74 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850), 2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, and is subject to Terms, Conditions, and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine
- Payment must be made using a Citi Credit Card. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citi and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for up-to-date offer details.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application for a period of 6 months. The 6 month promotional period commences once the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for cash advances, currently 21.74% p.a. Offer ends 30 September 2018. Offer may be extended.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.
© 2018 Citigroup Pty Limited. All rights reserved. ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.