Choose between our Citi Platinum Balance Transfer or Rewards offer
Balance Transfer Offer
on balance transfers
(2.5% BT fee applies, reverts to cash advance rate)
Reward Points Offer
100,000 bonus Citi Reward Points
When you spend $3,000 on your card within 90 days of approval2. Also benefit from 15 months interest free on balance transfers3 (1% BT fee applies) - reverts to cash advance rate.
About the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card
Choose either 26 months interest free on balance transfers1 (2.5% BT fee applies) - reverts to cash advance rate OR 100,000 bonus Citi Reward Points (when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of approval2) plus 15 months interest free on balance transfers3 (1% BT fee applies) - reverts to cash advance rate.
With both offers, enjoy a rewards program that lets you offset eligible purchases with points5, allowing you to say yes to life's opportunities with confidence. Enjoy all this and more for a reduced annual fee of $49 for the first year7 (reverts to a discounted annual fee of $149 thereafter).
Rewards and benefits
Earn points when you spend8
For eligible Domestic spend
(up to $10, 000 per statement period)
For eligible International Spend (uncapped)
Spend points the way you want
Say yes with confidence knowing you have complimentary cover such as International Travel Insurance, Purchase Cover Insurance and Extended Warranty Insurance6. Find out more here.
The hottest tickets before anyone else
Get your hands on some of the hottest tickets in town before they’re released to the general public with Visa Front Line Access12.
Free wine when you dine
Receive a complimentary bottle of wine on us every time you dine at hundreds of partner restaurants and pay with your Citi card, thanks to the Citibank Dining Program4.
Personal Concierge Service
No time to plan your next adventure? Let your personal concierge help you out. From suggesting a brewery in Brooklyn, to booking concert tickets in Melbourne, they can assist you from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply call 1800 818 008 1800 818 008.
Rewards the world over
Want even more rewarding opportunities? We have you sorted, with a range of exclusive offers available at home or around the world. With deals on dining, shopping and local experiences, you’ll be sure to find something to say yes to13.
Rates and Fees
$49 annual fee in the first year, reverting to a discounted annual fee of $149 thereafter7
Additional cardholder fee
$90. You may have up to four (4) additional cardholders, who must be 16 years or older.
Retail purchase rate
Cash advance rate
Interest free period
Up to 55 days interest-free13
Maximum credit limit
There may be circumstances in which you have to pay other fees. A full list of current fees applicable to this credit card can be viewed at the Citi fees and charges page.
Emergency card replacement
24/7 customer service if your card is lost or stolen.
Fraudshield® detects irregular transactions on your account, and Citi's 2 Way SMS Alerts 24/7 service allows us to immediately alert you via text message of any credit card transactions deemed to be suspicious, and enables you to confirm instantly whether a transaction is genuine or fraudulent.
Visit Online Security at Citi for more information and to ensure you have provided us with your current mobile phone number to benefit from this service.
Complimentary International Travel Insurance6
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Platinum card and you and your family may be covered for medical expenses, trip cancellation due to unexpected circumstances, loss or theft of personal items and more.
Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance6
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Platinum card and you and your family may receive up to $500,000 if you were to sustain a fatal injury as a passenger whilst travelling.
Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance6
If items are lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase on your Platinum card, they may be repaired, replaced, rebuilt or reinstated, free of charge if you make a claim within 21 days.
Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurance6
Generally, the manufacturer's warranty period is doubled, up to 12 months, when you purchase items with your Platinum card.
Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme6
Guaranteed Pricing Scheme enables you to receive a refund of the price difference when you purchase in-store and then see the same product advertised at a lower price in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased, you can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75, up to $500 and the product hasn't been purchased online.
Using your card
Accessing your account
Manage your finances when and where you want with:
- Citibank Online
- The Citi Mobile® Banking App
- CitiPhone Banking
Visa credit cards have worldwide acceptance at 40 million locations.
With Visa payWave, make payments under $100 quickly and securely by tapping your credit card – there's no need for a signature or pin.
Enjoy all the benefits of your Citi credit card using Apple Pay. It’s the easy and secure way to pay*.
Learn more about Apple Pay.
Use your Platinum card with Samsung Pay to make purchases on the go. Learn more about Samsung Pay
Turn your AndroidTM smartphone into a mobile wallet and experience a faster, more convenient way to pay. Find out more about Citi Pay.
Receiving your statements
You will receive your statements monthly, either online via e-statements or by mail.
What information do I need to apply?
Having the following information ready will make it quicker for you to complete your application.
- Details about your employment (e.g. employment status, employer's contact details, time with employer in years and months)
- If you are self-employed, your accountant's name, name of their accounting firm, and contact phone number
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- For balance transfers, name on account, type of card/account, card/account number, amount being transferred and the issuing organisation's name and address
For further information, visit our How to Apply page
What does the Citi Mobile® Banking App offer?
With Citi's Mobile® App, you're in control of your finances even on the move. Our One-Time PIN mobile banking security feature means you'll always have peace of mind when banking online.
- Instantly activate your credit card
- Check your balance and a real-time display of your credit card transactions
- Receive account alerts as push notifications
- iPhone users can sign in using their fingerprint with Touch ID Sensor
- Find and book Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants
Still have a question?
To access the full Terms and Conditions related to this product, click here.
Fees and charges apply. Cards are offered, issued and administered by Citigroup Pty Limited. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit Criteria apply. New cards customers only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
#Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $35,000 per year and your credit rating.
*Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, in selected apps, and on participating websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and selected apps (requires iPhone 6 or later); with iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later in selected apps and on participating websites in Safari; and with Mac (2012 or later) on participating websites in Safari with an Apple Pay–enabled iPhone or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see support.apple.com/en-au/km207105. You can use Apple Pay in stores/merchants wherever NFC contactless payment is accepted. For certain merchant terminals, a transaction limit may apply. You can also make in-app purchases and websites in Safari where Apple Pay is available as a payment option. Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Touch ID and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application and the balance transfer fee, for a period of 26 months. The 26 month promotional period commences once the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance and balance transfer fee will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.74% p.a. Please note you are not entitled to any interest free days whilst you have a balance transfer. This means that all spend will be charged interest at the applicable annual percentage rate. This offer is valid until 30 June 2018. Post this advertised date; Citi reserves the right to continue, withdraw or change the offer at any time without notice.
- To earn 100,000 bonus Citi rewards Points, you must apply for a Citi Platinum credit card by 30 June 2018, then spend $3,000 on your card within 90 days of approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Refunds, Chargebacks and Special Promotions do not contribute to the spend threshold. Please note that if have a balance transfer, you will be charged interest on any spend that you make. The bonus Citi rewards Points will be credited within 6 - 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Please note that if have a balance transfer, you will be charged interest on any spend that you make. This offer is valid until 30 June 2018. Post this advertised date; Citi reserves the right to continue, withdraw or change the offer at any time without notice.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application and the balance transfer fee, for a period of 15 months. The 15 month promotional period commences once the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance and balance transfer fee will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.74% p.a. Please note you are not entitled to any interest free days whilst you have a balance transfer. This means that all spend will be charged interest at the applicable annual percentage rate. This offer is valid until 30 June 2018. Post this advertised date; Citi reserves the right to continue, withdraw or change the offer at any time without notice.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine
- Select and Credit is available on eligible purchases. An eligible purchase means an Eligible Transaction that you Select and Credit within 60 days of the Transaction Date. Eligible Transaction is defined in the Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, government related transactions and all other transactions set out within the definition.
- Complimentary Insurance is issued and managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) (AFSL No. 245631 ABN 52 097 227 177), 74 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850), 2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, and is subject to Terms, Conditions, and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance
- Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual fee of $49 in the first year. This will revert to a discounted annual fee, of $149, in subsequent years whilst the account remains open. For additional cardholders an annual fee also applies, currently $90 per card. This offer is valid until 30 June 2018. Post this advertised date; Citi reserves the right to continue, withdraw or change the offer at any time without notice.
- All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citi Rewards Program. Domestic Spend and International Spend means any Eligible Transaction made with a merchant who respectively tells us they are located within Australia or outside Australia. Eligible Transaction is defined in the Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) cash advances, balance transfers, special promotions, BPAY payments, government related transactions and all other transactions set out within the definition.
- You must be a member of the airline and hotel loyalty programs in which you wish to claim airline and hotel loyalty points and have advised us of your airline and hotel loyalty program membership number prior to any such redemption. Membership of an airline and hotel loyalty program will be subject to the terms and conditions of that program. Airline Loyalty Points may take up to 28 business days to appear in your Airline Loyalty Program membership account.
- Credit cardholders enrolled in the Citi Rewards Program are eligible to participate in Shop with Points at Amazon.com (US website). Citi cardholders enrolled in the Citi Qantas Rewards Program and Emirates Skywards Miles Program will not be eligible for Amazon Shop with Points. In order to Shop with Points at Amazon.com you must have enrolled your eligible Citi Reward Program credit card through https://www.amazon.com/citi. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citi Rewards Program. For terms and conditions associated with Shop with Points, please click here.
- Exclusive Platinum Visa Entertainment Offers supplied by Visa. Visit https://www.visaplatinum.com.au/Register/Subscribe for details.
- Payment must be made using a Citi Credit Card. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citi and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for up-to-date offer details.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.
© 2018 Citigroup Pty Limited. All rights reserved. ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.