About the Citi Rewards Classic Credit Card
Make the most of life. Earn Reward Points as part of the Citi Rewards Program, with the flexibility to redeem for gift cards, cash back, merchandise and more3. Plus for a limited time, enjoy up to $50 cash back – you’ll earn 5% cash back on all retail purchases (up to $1,000 spend) in the first 90 days from account approval2.
Rates and Fees
Balance transfer rate
0% p.a. for 15 months with a 1.5% BT fee. Reverts to cash advance rate1
$49 annual fee in the first year, $99 thereafter5.
Additional cardholder fee
$15. You may have up to four (4) additional cardholders, who must be 16 years or older.
Retail purchase rate
Cash advance rate
Interest free period
Up to 55 days interest-free6
Maximum credit limit
There may be circumstances in which you have to pay other fees. A full list of current fees applicable to this credit card can be viewed at the Citi fees and charges page.
Rewards and benefits
Enjoy up to $50 cash back
Earn 5% cash back on all retail purchases (up to $1,000 spend) in the first 90 days from account approval2.
Earn Citi Reward Points
Access to the Citi Rewards Program.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all eligible Domestic Spend, up to $5,000 per statement period3
- 1 point per $1 spent on all eligible International Spend (uncapped)3
Redeem Reward Points for travel, gift cards, cash back, merchandise and more3.
Peace of mind
Citi Classic includes complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme7. Select the 'Security' tab for details, or find out more here.
Free wine when you dine
With the Citibank Dining Program, enjoy a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at hundreds of participating restaurants and pay with your Citi card4. Learn more.
Citi World Privileges
Access amazing offers at home or across the globe. From dining to shopping, sports to spas there is something for you.
Visit www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for the latest offer details8.
Emergency card replacement
24/7 customer service if your card is lost or stolen.
Fraudshield® detects irregular transactions on your account, and Citi's 2 Way SMS Alerts 24/7 service allows us to immediately alert you via text message of any credit card transactions deemed to be suspicious, and enables you to confirm instantly whether a transaction is genuine or fraudulent.
Visit Online Security at Citi for more information and to ensure you have provided us with your current mobile phone number to benefit from this service.
Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance7
If items are lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase on your Classic card, they may be repaired, replaced, rebuilt or reinstated, free of charge if you make a claim within 21 days.
Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme7
Guaranteed Pricing Scheme enables you to receive a refund of the price difference when you purchase in-store and then see the same product advertised at a lower price in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased, you can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75, up to $500 and the product hasn't been purchased online.
Using your card
Accessing your account
Manage your finances when and where you want with:
- Citibank Online
- The Citi Mobile® Banking App
- CitiPhone Banking
Visa credit cards have worldwide acceptance at 40 million locations.
With Visa payWave, make payments under $100 quickly and securely by tapping your credit card – there's no need for a signature or PIN.
Use your Classic card with Samsung Pay to make purchases on the go. Learn more about Samsung Pay.
Turn your AndroidTM smartphone into a mobile wallet and experience a faster, more convenient way to pay. Find out more about Citi Pay.
Receiving your statements
You will receive your statements monthly, either online via e-statements or by mail.
What information do I need to apply?
Having the following information ready will make it quicker for you to complete your application.
- Details about your employment (e.g. employment status, employer's contact details, time with employer in years and months)
- If you are self-employed, your accountant's name, name of their accounting firm, and contact phone number
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- For balance transfers, name on account, type of card/account, card/account number, amount being transferred and the issuing organisation's name and address
For further information, visit our How to Apply page
What can I redeem Reward Points for in the Citi Rewards Program?
With the Citi Rewards Classic Card, you can redeem Reward Points for gift cards, cash back, merchandise and more3.
To calculate the points you could earn based on your average monthly spend, go to the Citi Rewards calculator
What does the Citi Mobile® Banking App offer?
With Citi's Mobile® App, you’re in control of your finances even on the move. Our One-Time PIN mobile banking security feature means you'll always have peace of mind when banking online.
- Instantly activate your credit card
- Check your balance and a real-time display of your credit card transactions
- Receive account alerts as push notifications
- iPhone users can sign in using their fingerprint with Touch ID Sensor
- Find and book Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants
Still have a question?
Fees and charges apply. Cards are offered, issued and administered by Citigroup Pty Limited. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit Criteria apply. New cards customers only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
# Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $25,000 per year and your credit rating.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application and the balance transfer fee, for a period of 15 months. The 15 month promotional period commences once the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance and balance transfer fee will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.74% p.a. Offer ends 30 June 2017. Offer may be extended.
- 5% cash back can be earned on all eligible purchases, made in Australia and internationally, of up to $1,000 spend in the first 90 days from account approval. Maximum cash back that can be awarded is $50. To qualify for the cash back, the eligible purchases can be made by both the primary and additional card holders. Eligible purchase means any Retail Purchase which is made by the use of a Card or any other means permitted by Citibank, excluding (but not limited to) transactions by way of Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, fees, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, foreign exchange and ATM/ Bank charges, interest charges, finance charges, government charges, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, insurance charges, payments to Citibank loan accounts (mortgage etc), purchases in excess of limits on the Account, transactions made in operating a business and if the Account is more than $10,000 in credit only, all other transactions. Charge backs, refunds or fraudulent transactions are not eligible to receive cash back. Cash back will be credited to the approved accounts within 8 weeks after the qualifying purchases have been made. Offer ends 30 June 2017. Offer may be extended.
- All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citi Rewards Program. Domestic Spend and International Spend means any Eligible Transaction made with a merchant who respectively tells us they are located within Australia or outside Australia. Eligible Transaction is defined in the Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) cash advances, balance transfers, special promotions, BPAY payments, government related transactions and all other transactions set out within the definition. Reward Points never expire while the card remains open and in good standing.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine
- Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual fee of $49 in the first year. This will revert to the standard annual fee, currently $99, in subsequent years. For additional cardholders an annual fee also applies, currently $15 per card.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or when you have Balance Transfers.
Complimentary Insurance is issued and managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) (AFSL No.245631 ABN 52 097 227 177), 74 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850), 2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, and is subject to Terms, Conditions, and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance
- Payment must be made using a Citi Credit Card. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citi and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for up-to-date offer details.
© 2017 Citigroup Pty Limited. All rights reserved. ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.