- Existing customers
- Getting started
- Switching your salary and direct debits to Citibank
Switching to Citibank has never been easier.
You can swap all your regular payments and salary from your old bank to your new Citibank Plus everyday account in four simple steps.
Step 1: Open a Citibank Plus account (if you already have an account skip to step 2).
Apply for Australia's only completely fee free Citibank Plus everyday bank account online in minutes.
Step 2: Complete the Regular Payment and Salary Switching forms.
By providing this information, it gives Citibank permission to identify all your regular incoming and outgoing payments as well as transfer your salary into your new account.
Step 3: Return the forms to Citibank:
Step 4: Close your old bank accounts.
Monitor your old bank accounts and once all your regular payments and salary have been switched to your new Citibank Plus everyday account, close your old accounts.
- The switching service only applies to your regular debit and credit payments. You will personally need to organise any periodical payments, BPAY payments, internet banking 'Pay anyone' payments and scheme debit arrangements from your old account to you new Citibank account.
- The bank you are switching from will send us a copy of your regular payments list. We will provide this list to you for your records. Keep this list handy and use it to track which regular payments have been switched.
- For a partial switch: when you receive your regular payment list please indicate which regular payments you would like us to request to switch on your behalf. You can do this by placing a tick next to the regular payment. Please return a copy of this list to us. Once we receive this list we will progress your switching request.
- We will contact your regular payment providers on your behalf. These providers may contact you to confirm this request.
- It takes approximately four weeks to switch all direct debits and credits. This may be longer if you have a large number of direct debits and credits set up.
- If a regular payment takes longer than four weeks to switch, we recommend contacting the payment provider directly to discuss the request.
Citibank Plus is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Terms and Conditions apply. Any advice is general advice only and was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your circumstances. Further information and our dispute resolution process is available at www.citibank.com.au or by phone on 1300 137 931.
© 2017 Citigroup Pty Limited. Citibank®, Citi® and Arc Design® are service marks of Citigroup Inc.