Citibank Ultimate Saver
The Citibank Ultimate Saver account is perfect if you’re looking to maximise the return on your savings whilst having the convenience to access funds whenever you need.
- Earn stepped interest on your balance (minimum ongoing balance is $10,000).
- Instant access to your funds.
- Plus pay no monthly fees and get unlimited transactions.
- Earn 1.65% p.a. standard variable rate for the portion of your balance between $10,000 to $999,999.99. For any part of your balance which is $1 million or more you'll earn the 0.45% p.a. standard variable rate.
- There's no monthly fees and no restrictions on the number of transactions you make per month.
- There is no maximum balance and an ongoing minimum balance of $10,000.
- 24/7 instant access to your money via ATMs, Citi Online and CitiPhone Banking.
- Free withdrawals at any Citibank, Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATMs Australia-wide.
|Minimum Ongoing Balance||$10,000|
|Funds at Call|
Interest on the Citibank Ultimate Saver is stepped which means that different portions of your balance may attract different interest rates. The portion of your balance between $10,000 and $1million will attract the highest rate of interest.
|Interest Earned||View rates|
|ATM & EFTPOS|
|Citibank Debit Card|
|Internet Banking (Citi Online)|
|Phone Banking (CitiPhone)|
Apply for a Citibank Ultimate Saver account by visiting a branch.
What you will need:
You will need the following information to apply for a Citibank Ultimate Saver:
|Proof of age:||You must be over 18 years of age or older.|
|Personal identification:||All account holders must be able to be identified in Australia at or before account opening. This includes providing two forms of identification, one of which must be photo identification, along with your application at one of our branches or at an Australia Post outlet.|
|Personal details:||Residential address, contact details (for all account holders if applying for a joint account) and current e-mail address of all account holders.|
|Tax File Number (TFN) or valid exemption:||You’re not required to provide your Tax File Number (TFN), however we recommend you either provide your TFN, claim an exemption or advise us of your non-resident status to avoid being taxed at the highest marginal tax rate.|
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
- High interest rate on your savings, calculated daily and paid monthly
- Unlimited free transactions and no ATM fees at Citi, Westpac-branded, St.George* and BankSA ATMs around Australia2
- No monthly fee or transaction fees. -(Charges for bank cheques, international payments and foreign currency services, overdrafts, dishonours and other product services apply. Please refer to the schedule of fees and charges for full details).
- Easy access to your money at anytime via online banking, phone banking, branch, ATMs and all through just one account.
There is NO monthly fee for this account.
Yes, a minimum balance of $10,000 must be maintained in your Citibank Ultimate Saver.
If you do not meet the ongoing monthly balance requirement, Citibank reserves the right to close the account and refund the balance in the account to you.
There are no restrictions on the maximum amount that can be placed in this account.
Switching Bank Accounts
Citibank has a free and easy service to transfer your regular payments to your new Citibank account. Switch now.
Simply complete the Salary Credit form and return to your employer.
Opening a Citibank Ultimate Saver
To apply for a Citibank Ultimate Saver you have the following options:
To activate your account you will be required to identify yourself at any Australia Post outlet of Citibank branch. To do this you will need to complete the identification forms provided at the end of the application process or available online.
Once your account is open you can do everything online at www.citibank.com.au, including checking your account balance, transferring funds, paying bills, changing your address and much more.
No, this account is available to personal customers only. For business accounts a great rate is available through the Ultimate Business Saver.
No, you do not need to come into a Citibank branch to apply for this account. You can apply online or over the phone.
Yes. Just follow the online application process and click on the 'joint account' option. Alternately, you can fill in the details about the joint holder in the paper application form.
Your Citibank Ultimate Saver Account number is provided at the end of the online application and will also be sent in writing once your account is open.
From the time we receive your application and identification documents, it can take up to 3 business days to activate your account(s) and up to 7 business days for you to receive your Visa Debit Citicard, ATM PIN, CitiPhone Banking Telephone PIN (TPIN) and deposit book (if you do not already have one).
We will advise you by email that your account is open.
When you apply for Citibank Ultimate Saver, you will be asked to agree to receive your monthly account statement electronically. The statement will be placed securely within Citibank Online for you to view once you have logged in.
You can call CitiPhone Banking on 1300 137 931 or (+61 2 8225 0615 if you are calling from overseas) to speak to a Citibank Customer Service Operator. CitiPhone Banking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Citibank Ultimate Saver is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your particular circumstances. Details on our dispute resolution system and full details of the terms and conditions are available by calling 13 24 84 or at citibank.com.au.