Cash Investment Account
As an individual, you can use your Cash Investment Account for your everyday transaction needs such as salary payments, paying utilities or your home loan. You may also use it as a facility to park your cash and earn competitive interest while waiting on your next investment opportunity, such as opening a term deposit. Alternatively, if you manage a family trust or own a business you may choose to open two Cash Investment Accounts - one for your individual everyday transactions and the other to manage your business investments.
- Able to earn a competitive interest rate on balance, calculated daily and paid monthly
- Single statement to manage your investment transactions
- Gold Citibank Debit Card, when holding Citigold status
- Several ATM operators in Australia now offer fee-free withdrawals. Please ensure you check the ATM for any fees before completing a transaction
- Enjoy free, instant money transfers to Citibank accounts, in selected countries, via Citibank Global Transfers2.
- Online, phone and mobile banking
- Receive a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at any Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant and pay with your Citibank Debit Card1
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|Minimum ongoing balance||$0|
|Funds at call|
|Interest earned||View rates|
|Citibank Debit Card|
|Cheque book access|
|Australia Post Bank@Post Outlets|
Apply for a Cash Investment Account by Visiting a branch.
What you will need:
You will need the following information to apply for a Cash Investment Account:
|Proof of age:||You must be over 18 years of age or older.|
|Identification:||You must be able to be identified in Australia at or before account opening. This includes providing two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo identification, to an Australia Post outlet or one of our branches.|
|Signature card:||You will need to complete and submit a signature card at the end of the application process for your account. Please bring your signature card into one of our branches or mail it to us at the Citibank address specified on the signature card form.|
|Personal details:||Residential address, contact details (for all account holders if applying for a joint account) and your current e-mail address. We will confirm your application and send your electronic notices to this e-mail address.|
|Tax File Number (TFN):||Or valid exemption - you do not have to provide your TFN, but without it we will be required to deduct tax at the top marginal rate.|
Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine..
- Citibank Global Transfers available from Citibank Australia to eligible Citibank accounts in selected countries/destinations. Daily transfer limit applies. Funds are converted to the destination account currency at the exchange rate specified to you on Citibank Online before you confirm your transaction. This exchange rate includes a commission for the conversion service. Subject to local regulations, transfers will normally reach destination account immediately, but in some cases may take 24 hours.
Citibank Investment Account is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your particular circumstances. Details on our dispute resolution system and full details of the terms and conditions are available by calling 13 24 84 or at citibank.com.au.