With our sound economy, stable political environment, skilled workforce - and high standard of living, Australia can be an attractive place to invest.
It can be possible to hold investments in Australia even if you reside outside the country. Over the five years to June 2007, foreign direct investment in Australia increased by 155% (to $US279 billion)1.
- At the end of June 2007, Australia had the fourth largest investment fund pool in the world at $US1.1trillion2.
- Australia's stock market is the largest in Asia ex-Japan, and ranks eighth in the world3.
- In terms of global turnover, Australia's foreign exchange market is the seventh largest in the world4.
As a leading financial centre within the Asia-Pacific, Australia is a sound choice for investors.
You don't have to know the language to invest in a country. Just leave that to our team of Financial Consultants. Not only are they conversant in your preferred language, but they have the local market knowledge to help you meet your financial goals.
- Invest Australia (www.investaustralia.gov.au)
- ABS 2007
- Source: Invest Australia
- BIS, Triennial Central Bank Survey, 2007.
Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your particular circumstances. Before you decide to acquire a product, you should obtain the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, and consider its suitability for your objectives, financial situation, or needs.
Investments are not deposits or other obligations of, guaranteed, or insured by Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc., or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency, and are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.