If you are diagnosed with cancer or one of the listed critical illnesses, you needn't be alone to face the financial hardship. Have peace of mind knowing that you and your family are financially covered. Get a Recovery Assist quote online.
Recovery Assist provides two cover options: Cancer Assist and Cancer Assist Plus. These covers are designed to be an easy and cost effective way to help protect your family's lifestyle if you were diagnosed with cancer or one of the 22 additional listed medical conditions such as a heart attack, Alzheimer's disease or multiple sclerosis.
- Cancer Assist provides a lump sum benefit should you be diagnosed with cancer, including melanomas, cancers of the blood and body and even pre-cancerous tumours called carcinomas in situ.
The benefit you are eligible for under Cancer Assist depends on the cancer's severity. There are 3 levels of cancer severity:
- Low - you will be eligible for a benefit equal to your cover level
- Medium - you will be eligible for a benefit of two times your cover level, and
- High - you will be eligible for a benefit of three times your cover level.
Please refer to the PDS for further information
- Cancer Assist Plus provides all the cover provided by Cancer Assist as well as additional cover for a further 22 listed medical conditions or procedures.
The following 22 medical conditions and procedures are covered:
Diagnosed as having one of the following medical conditions:
- Benign brain tumour*
- Heart attack*
- Major head trauma*
Diagnosed as suffering from one of the following degenerative conditions:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Motor neurone disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson's disease.
Having suffered or undergone one of the following:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Open heart surgery*
- Permanent loss of an entire hand or foot
- Permanent loss of use of a limb (paralysis)
- Third degree burns*.
Having received or placed on an approved Australian waiting list to receive one of the following organ transplants from another person:
- Bone marrow
- Small bowel.
* Under Cancer Assist Plus, to be eligible to be paid a benefit, the medical conditions will need to meet the criteria as defined in the PDS.
- Up to $100,000 cover
Cover of up to $100,000, with no medicals or blood tests required. Cancer Assist is designed to help ease the financial burden if you were diagnosed with a specified cancer.
- Cover levels to suit your needs
There are four levels of cover you can select for Cancer Assist or Cancer Assist Plus:
- $75,000, or
- Discount available
Receive a 10% discount if you choose cover of $100,000.
- Up to 3 times benefit if you suffer from a high level cancer
If you develop a more severe cancer, you'll receive a payout of 2 or 3 times your cover level, up to $300,000. This may allow you greater access to care options or assist with travel or relocation costs for treatment.
- Option to upgrade your cover
Increase your Cancer Assist cover to Cancer Assist Plus at any time to protect against 22 additional medical conditions and procedures.
- Benefit payable on diagnosis
Your lump sum cash benefit is paid upon diagnosis of a specified condition allowing you to focus on your treatment and recuperation, not on how you'll pay your bills.
- You decide how the money is spent
You decide how your benefit is used - help with medical costs, reduce debts such as your mortgage or even to take a recuperative holiday.
The simplest way to make a claim is online:
Cancer Assist Plus
For all other claim enquiries:
- Telephone MetLife: 1300 555 625
- Or you can write to:
MetLife Claims Department
GPO Box 3319
- Please be aware that waiting periods may be applicable to the benefit that you are claiming. Please check your Product Disclosure Statement or contact MetLife on 1300 555 625 for more information.
When will I find out if my claim is accepted or not?
You will receive notification of the status of your claim within 10 working days.
What if I am not happy with the results?
MetLife has established a complaints resolution process. If you have any complaints concerning your policy please call MetLife on 1300 555 625.
To get a quote or obtain more information for Recovery Assist:
You are eligible to apply for Recovery Assist if you:
- Are aged 18 and 55 years (inclusive)
- Are an Australian citizen or hold an Australian Permanent Residency visa,
- Reside in Australia at the time of applying and receive the PDS in Australia.
Applying for cover under Recovery Assist is easy and there are absolutely no medicals or blood tests to take. Your application will be assessed based on the information you provide about your health. If additional information is required, MetLife will contact you.
Please ensure you read the Product Disclosure Statement as it contains important information about Recovery Assist.
Recovery Assist is distributed by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL/ACL 238098 (Citibank). The issuer of this product is MetLife Insurance Limited ABN 75 004 274 882 AFSL 238096 (MetLife). This product is not a deposit or liability of Citibank. The information provided is of a general nature and does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances. You should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and consider whether this product is right for you.