Our home building and contents insurance includes a range of features and benefits to give you peace of mind should the unexpected happen.
Why choose us for your home insurance?
- Simple - Get a quote and buy online
- Affordable - Competitive prices with no additional policy fee to pay by the month#
- Choice - A comprehensive range of home and contents insurance products to suit different budgets and needs
- Easy claims process - Citibank understands that if you need to make a claim, you want to be able to settle it quickly and with a minimum of fuss
Extra ways to save:
- 10% online discount - Get up to 10% off your premium when you purchase online*^+
- Combined building and contents discount - When you combine your building and contents cover on the one policy, you'll be rewarded with a discount of up to 10%*+
- 30% no-claim bonus discount - We offer up to 30%*@+no claim bonus on our home insurance policy, meaning you'll save on your premium each year you don't make a claim, up to a maximum 30%*@+
- Increase your excess to reduce your premium - Our home insurance allows you to increase the excess payable in the event of a claim and we'll reduce your premium
Compare the features
Want to learn more?
For detailed information on the cover and limits provided, you should read the Product Disclosure Statement.
Home Insurance: Product Comparison Table
Features and benefits available under our Home Insurance policies:
|What you are insured for - features and benefits||Prestige Home||Classic Home||Vital Home|
|Insured Events cover|
|Accidental loss or damage|
|Accidental breakage of glass|
|Additional cost of temporary accommodation||Up to 10% of contents sum insured combined with 'Removal of debris, professional fees and extra costs'||Up to 10% of contents sum insured combined with 'Removal of debris, professional fees and extra costs'||Up to 10% of contents sum insured combined with 'Removal of debris, professional fees and extra costs'|
|Automatic indexation of sum insured|
|Compensation for death||Up to $10,000||Up to $10,000||Up to $10,000|
|Contents in open air at the risk address||Sub-limits for selected contents based on insured loss or damage||Sub-limits for selected contents based on insured events loss or damage||Sub-limits for selected contents based on insured events loss or damage|
|Contents in safe deposit box - Accidental loss or damage, excluding theft||Up to 20% of contents sum insured||Up to 20% of contents sum insured||Up to 20% of contents sum insured|
|Credit cards - cover for loss or theft||Up to $5,000||Up to $5,000||Up to $2,500|
|Fusion of electric motors||Motors up to 12 years old||Motors up to 10 years old|
|Guests', visitors' and domestic helpers' property||Up to $5,000||Up to $5,000||Up to $5,000|
|Landlords' contents||Up to $10,000||Up to $10,000|
|Legal liability cover||Up to $20,000,000||Up to $20,000,000||Up to $10,000,000|
|Modifications to buildings for paraplegia & quadriplegia||Up to $10,000||Up to $10,000||Up to $10,000|
|Replacement of locks and cylinders||Up to $2,000||Up to $1,000||Up to $1,000|
|Security firm attendance||Up to $500||Up to $500||Up to $500|
|Spoilage of refrigerated / freezer food||No specified limit||Up to $500|
|Temporary removal of Contents from your risk address||Up to 20% of contents sum insured with sub-limits for listed contents, while kept where temporarily residing / or up to $7,500 for contents anywhere else in Australia or NZ.||Up to 20% of contents sum insured with sub-limits for listed contents, while kept where temporarily residing||Up to 20% of contents sum insured with sub-limits for listed contents, while kept where temporarily residing|
|Title deeds||Up to $2,000||Up to $2,000||Up to $2,000|
|Veterinary costs||Up to $500||Up to $500||Up to $500|
Avoiding the risk of under insurance is essential for every home owner. It is therefore important to understand the total replacement cost of both your home and belongings. For your insurance to be effective, it needs to be both adequate and up to date. Through our association with Allianz Insurance, you can access their online calculators to quickly and easily help estimate the cost of replacing your home and the things inside it.
Rebuild costs vary from state to state and are affected by the size, style and standard of your home and the materials used to build it. Homes built on sloping land, or those with extensive fencing, paving and retaining walls have higher rebuild costs. Often forgotten, the calculators automatically include the cost to remove debris and professional fees (such as architects and engineers).
Choose from the following two calculators:
Replacement costs vary depending on the quantity and quality of your contents; and large homes tend to be more extensively furnished than units or townhouses.
Your sum insured will vary depending on the quality of your furnishings - 'average' lowest price furnishings, 'quality' above average price, or 'prestige' tailor-made, high-priced furnishings. Also some 'high risk' items are of such a personal nature that their value varies according to taste, for example sporting, photographic and entertainment equipment and jewellery.
The Home Contents Calculator takes each of these elements into consideration when estimating your sum insured. Should the worst ever happen, new for old replacement on most items ensures your lifestyle is disrupted as little as possible in the event of a claim.
Once you've used the calculator, take a moment to compare it to your current sum insured to decide if it needs adjusting.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Costs vary over time, so review your sum insured every year
- Re-evaluate your sum insured when you renovate and make new purchases
- The cost of rebuilding your home is not the same as its real estate value
- If you are still unsure, we recommend you seek a professional valuation from a quantity surveyor, valuer or another suitably qualified professional.
- # Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
- * Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements.
- ^Any online discounts offered are applied to our standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year's premium only (unless stated otherwise). From time to time, promotional or other discounts may be available for customers who apply for insurance via our Contact Centre.
- @ To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, customers must have had no home or contents insurance claims in the preceding five years. However customers who have had up to two claims may still qualify for reduced No Claim Bonus.
- + Discounts may not be applied to any flood component of the premium (if applicable).
Products are distributed by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098 Australian credit licence 238098 ("Citibank"). The issuer for this product is Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz) ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No. 234708. This website contains general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice you should assess whether it is appropriate for you. You should also consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement ("PDS") before making a decision about the product. Normal acceptance criteria apply. Terms, conditions and policy limits apply as set out in the policy wording. If you purchase this insurance, Citibank will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium, details can be provided on request.