Citibank's CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance is a simple way to help safeguard yourself and your family from the financial impact of a critical illness or injury, allowing you time to focus on your recovery.
Get a CoverPlus Critical Illness cover quote, apply online and you'll be covered immediately once accepted.
CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance benefits:
- Simple application process - Apply online or over the phone, with no medical or blood tests required.
- Extensive cover - Up to $750,000 cover depending on your age.
- Critical illness and injuries covered - The policy covers eight critical injuries and illnesses: cancer, stroke, heart attack, coronary artery by-pass surgery, chronic kidney failure, paralysis, severe burns and multiple sclerosis.
- Flexible and affordable premiums - Choice of affordable payment options to suit you.
- Get cover immediately - Once your application is accepted you'll be covered immediately.
- Cover that grows - Your cover can increase each year to keep up with inflation.
- Worldwide protection - You are covered while you travel anywhere in the world*.
- Cooling off period - If you change your mind, you are able to cancel your policy within the 21 day cooling off period and we will refund any fortnightly or monthly premiums paid (provided you have not made any claims for this period).
- Choice of payment frequency - Pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually.
- Save with combined cover - Receive a discount if you combine your cover with your partner's cover under the same policy.
- Pay annually and save - Enjoy a further discount on your annual premium and avoid the hassle of fortnightly or monthly payments.
* We will not pay a claim arising from travel to a country subject to a DFAT 'Do not travel' warning.
Customise your CoverPlus Critical Illness policy
CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance provides the flexibility to customise your policy to suit your needs and your budget.
|Options to customise:||The benefit to you:|
|Level of cover||Choose a level of cover from $25,000 up to $750,000. Your age will determine the maximum allowable level of cover:|
Ages 18 to 44 can apply for up to $750,000
Ages 45 to 54 can apply for up to $375,000
Ages 55 to 59 can apply for up to $125,000
How much is my premium?
Premiums vary depending on factors including your age, gender and smoking status. Here are some examples of how much it may cost:
- 40 year old male, non-smoker with $200,000 of cover is $61.54 per month
- 46 year old female, non-smoker with $250,000 of cover is $53.45 per month.
To make a claim under your CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance simply:
- Call 1800 016 284
- Write to OnePath
12/347 Kent St
- Fax 02 9234 5015
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then send you the claims forms for you to fill in and return.
You will need to supply supporting documentation for the event being claimed. The diagnosis and certification of the condition must be made by a medical practitioner approved by the insurer. It is also possible that medical reports and Medicare records may be required to properly assess the claim.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Check these frequently asked questions for valuable information about CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance.
This policy provides financial assistance for you and your family in the event that you suffer a critical illness or injury, such as cancer, heart attack or paraplegia. The payment can be used in any way required, for example to help with mortgage repayments or other debts and expenses, or to supplement your health cover.
While life insurance provides long-term cover in the event of death or terminal illness, CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance can provide a benefit if you suffer a critical illness or injury, helping to cover your bills while you recover.
No blood tests or medicals are required however we do ask various health, occupation and pastime questions.
You should choose what you think is the most appropriate level of cover to provide for your needs. Whatever level you choose, your amount of cover is guaranteed to never decrease, unless you request for your cover to be reduced, which you can do at any time.
Yes, a 90 day qualifying period applies to the following conditions:
- Coronary artery by-pass surgery
- Heart attack
Qualifying period means that the symptoms leading up to the condition did not first occur, were not first diagnosed or were not first reasonably apparent during the first 90 days of cover.
Yes. These include any claim arising from:
- Your intentional or deliberate act or omission
- War, hostilities, civil commotion or insurrection
- Travel to a country currently subject to a DFAT 'Do not travel' warning
- You contracting HIV or AIDS
This is a summary of the important information you should know about CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance. It is designed to help you decide whether or not to purchase or keep CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance.
CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance is issued by OnePath Life Limited - a registered life insurance company holding an Australian Financial Services License number 238341. The distributor of CoverPlus Life insurance is Citigroup Pty Limited (Citibank), ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL/ACL 238098. CoverPlus Critical Illness is not a product of, nor is it guaranteed by Citibank.
The latest technologies are used to keep your details confidential and secure. When you request an online quote, look for the small closed padlock ( ) displayed by your browser in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. This tells you the connection between your computer and the servers is secure.
Premiums for this type of policy are usually not tax deductible. You should seek professional advice regarding your taxation position.
The premium is calculated based on the cover level you choose, your age, gender, medical loadings, smoker status and the answers you have given to occupation, health and pastime questions. In general terms, the healthier you are, the lower your premiums will be.
You can pay fortnightly, monthly or annually, with payments charged automatically to your credit card or debited from your nominated bank account.
Yes, there are no long-term contracts. If you cancel within the 21 day cooling off period, and have made no claims for this period, you will receive a full refund of any premiums paid. If you cancel outside the 21-day cooling off period no premiums will be refunded if you have elected to pay fortnightly or monthly. However, we will pay a pro rata refund where premiums are paid annually and you cancel the policy before the next annual payment is due. To cancel, you can notify us by phone, fax or in writing. Your policy does not have any savings, investment, cash or surrender value.
To get a quote or obtain more information for CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance:
- Get a quote online
- Call 1300 248 424
You are eligible to apply for CoverPlus Critical Illness insurance if you:
- Are aged 18 years or older and less than 59 years of age
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold an Australian Permanent Residency visa
- Reside in Australia at the time of applying and receive the PDS in Australia.
- Please ensure you read the Product Disclosure Statement as it contains important information about the CoverPlus Critical Illness product.
CoverPlus Critical Illness is distributed by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL/ACL 238098 (Citibank). The issuer of this product is OnePath Life Limited (OnePath Life) ABN 33 009 657 176, AFSL 238341. This product is not a deposit or liability of Citibank. The information provided is of a general nature and does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances. You should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and consider whether this product is right for you.