Citibank invites you to enjoy the benefits of NEW CardGuard - comprehensive credit account protection insurance offering Price Protection Benefit exclusively for Citibank customers.
- With CardGuard's Price Protection Benefit you can shop with confidence. If the price of an item purchased in Australia with your Citibank credit account is reduced by $10 or more, within 180 days of the purchase date, at a store of the same name, you will receive the difference
- You have the confidence of knowing that, if you are injured, unemployed, or you become sick, you will have help with your credit account repayments
- CardGuard costs a low 59c per $100 of your outstanding statement balance
Six great reasons to choose CardGuard
- Purchase with confidence
CardGuard provides comprehensive protection for your credit account repayments
- Always pay the lowest price
You don't have to wait for a sale to ensure you are getting the best price. If you purchase an item with your credit account and during the next 180 days the price is reduced by more than $10 in the same store or a store of the same name, you will be paid the difference
- Peace of mind
Provides you with cover of up to $50,000 in the event of your illness, injury or death
- The assurance of up to $10,000 cover
In the event of your unemployment you can be covered for part of your repayments for up to six months
- Affordable monthly premiums
CardGuard only costs a low 59c per $100 of your outstanding statement balance
- Guaranteed cover
All Citibank credit facility account holders aged 18 to 59 who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are guaranteed cover under CardGuard
|Nature of benefit||Main limits and conditions on benefits*|
|Price Protection||Provides up to $600 per item, up to a maximum of $2,000 in any 12 month period (maximum $10,000 per policy)|
|Injury||Provides 3% of your outstanding balance each month (maximum $50,000 per policy)|
|Illness||Provides 3% of your outstanding balance each month (maximum $50,000 per policy)|
|Unemployment||Provides 3% of your outstanding balance each month (maximum $10,000 per policy)|
|Death||Covers the outstanding balance of your credit account (maximum $50,000 per policy)|
* The cumulative amount of benefit(s) payable under CardGuard for Injury, Illness, Unemployment and Death is $50,000 per policy.
* The maximum cumulative amount of benefit(s) payable under CardGuard for Price Protection, Injury, Illness, Unemployment and Death is $60,000 per policy.
To purchase CardGuard Insurance:
Print the CardGuard application form and mail the completed form to:
CardGuard Administrator - Applications
Reply Paid 40
Sydney NSW 2001
Information you require to purchase:
- Your Citibank credit card number or revolving credit account number (Ready Credit, Personal Credit or Business Credit)
- Your personal details
You can apply for CardGuard cover if you:
- Have a valid Citibank credit card or revolving credit account
- Are aged 18 years or older and less than 60 years of age
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia; and
- Have downloaded this Product Disclosure Statement
The issuers of CardGuard are MetLife Insurance Limited ABN 75 004 274 882 AFSL 238096 (MetLife) and ACE Insurance Limited ABN 23 001 642 020 AFSL 239687 (ACE).
The distributor is Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL No 238098. This material contains general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs, and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement to decide if the policy is right for you.
Credit account means any credit card or unsecured line of credit issued by Citibank to you to which the policy applies.