About the Emirates Citi World Mastercard®
From inspiration to destination and everything in between.
Receive 40,000 Skywards Miles on your first spend within 90 days from card approval. Plus if you spend a minimum of $500 on emirates.com during that period you will receive an additional 10,000 Skywards Miles1.
Rates and Fees
Balance transfer rate
0% p.a. for 9 months3. Cash advance rate after 9 months.
$149 in your first year (normally $299)2
Additional cardholder fee
$0. You may have up to four (4) additional cardholders, who must be 16 years or older.
Retail purchase rate
Cash advance rate
Interest free period
Up to 55 days interest free11
Maximum credit limit
There may be circumstances in which you have to pay other fees. A full list of current fees applicable to this credit card can be viewed at the Citi fees and charges page.
Rewards and benefits
Up to 50,000 Skywards Miles
Receive 40,000 Skywards Miles on your first spend within 90 days from card approval. Plus if you spend a minimum of $500 on emirates.com during that period you will receive an additional 10,000 Skywards Miles1.
Earn Emirates Skywards Miles
Directly earn Emirates Skywards Miles at the following rates:
- 1 Skywards Mile for every A$1 spent on eligible Domestic Spend up to $3000 per statement period, and then 0.5 Skywards Miles per A$1 spent up to $10,000 per statement period)4
- 1.25 Skywards Miles for every A$1 spent on eligible International Spend (uncapped)4
- 1.5 Skywards Miles for every A$1 spent on airline tickets purchased via emirates.com4
Travel in style
- Two complimentary lounge passes for the primary cardholder per year at any Emirates Lounge in Australia when flying Emirates5
- One complimentary chauffeur-drive service per year to and from the airport when flying Emirates6
World golf benefits
Access to some of the most celebrated golf properties in the world. Play on world-famous Tournament Players Club (TPC) courses and receive on site perks at PGA Tour events13.
Peace of mind
The Emirates Citi World Mastercard® includes a range of complimentary insurances including International Travel Insurance and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance8. Select the 'Security' tab for details, or find out more here
Free wine when you dine
With the Citibank Dining Program, enjoy a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at hundreds of participating restaurants and pay with your Citi card7. Learn more.
World Mastercard® exclusive benefits9
Indulge in carefully curated local and global experiences across travel, entertainment, dining and golf only for World cardholders. Find out more at mastercard.com.au/world. Plus, venture beyond the everyday with Mastercard® Priceless® Cities.
Personal concierge service
From anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, enjoy the assistance of a personal concierge.
This service can recommend a restaurant in New York, book theatre tickets in London, and even arrange a last-minute flower or gift delivery.
Simply call 1800 460 7431800 460 743.
Citi World Privileges
Access amazing offers at home or across the globe. From dining to shopping, sports to spas there is something for you.
Visit www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for the latest offer details10.
Emirates currently operates 77 flights per week from five cities in Australia to Dubai – Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. As one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, Emirates now flies to over 150 destinations worldwide across six continents including New Zealand, Asia, the Middle East and over 38 destinations in Europe. With one of the youngest fleets in the sky, Emirates is among the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly airlines. Complementing this modern fleet is a highly trained, international cabin crew, delivering a service that is designed to pamper you from the moment your journey begins. To learn more about Emirates, please visit the Emirates website at emirates.com/au.
About Emirates Skywards
Emirates Skywards, the award-winning frequent flyer programme from Emirates, offers four tiers of membership – Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum – with each membership tier providing exclusive privileges. Skywards Miles are earned when flying Emirates or any of its partner airlines, on retail purchases with your Emirates Citi World Mastercard® and when transacting with other Emirates Skywards partners.
To learn more about Emirates Skywards and to apply for membership, please visit emirates.com. Membership is free.
Emergency card replacement
24/7 customer service if your card is lost or stolen.
Fraudshield® detects irregular transactions on your account, and Citi's 2 Way SMS Alerts 24/7 service allows us to immediately alert you via text message of any credit card transactions deemed to be suspicious, and enables you to confirm instantly whether a transaction is genuine or fraudulent.
Visit Online Security at Citi for more information and to ensure you have provided us with your current mobile phone number to benefit from this service.
Complimentary International Travel Insurance8
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Emirates Citi card and you and your family may be covered for medical expenses, trip cancellation due to unexpected circumstances, loss or theft of personal items and more.
Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance8
Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Emirates Citi card and you and your family may receive up to $500,000 if you were to sustain a fatal injury as a passenger whilst travelling.
Complimentary Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance8
Purchase your travel tickets with your Emirates Citi card and you may be covered for events like flight delays, cancellations, baggage delays and personal item damage.
Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance8
If items are lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase on your Emirates Citi card, they may be repaired, replaced, rebuilt or reinstated, free of charge if you make a claim within 21 days.
Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurance8
Generally, the manufacturer's warranty period is doubled, up to 12 months, when you purchase items with your Emirates Citi card.
Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme8
Guaranteed Pricing Scheme enables you to receive a refund of the price difference when you purchase in-store and then see the same product advertised at a lower price in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased, you can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75, up to $500 and the product hasn't been purchased online.
Using your card
Accessing your account
Manage your finances when and where you want with:
- Citibank Online
- The Citi Mobile® Banking App
- CitiPhone Banking
Your card is accepted everywhere you see the Mastercard symbol.
With Visa payWave, make payments under $100 quickly and securely by tapping your credit card – there's no need for a signature or pin.
Use your Emirates Citi card with Samsung Pay to make purchases on the go. Learn more about Samsung Pay
Receiving your statements
You will receive your statements monthly, either online via e-statements or by mail.
What information do I need to apply?
Having the following information ready will make it quicker for you to complete your application.
- Details about your employment (e.g. employment status, employer's contact details, time with employer in years and months)
- If you are self-employed, your accountant's name, name of their accounting firm, and contact phone number
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- For balance transfers, name on account, type of card/account, card/account number, amount being transferred and the issuing organisation's name and address
For further information, visit our How to Apply page
What does the Citi Mobile® Banking App offer?
With Citi's Mobile® App, you’re in control of your finances even on the move. Our One-Time PIN mobile banking security feature means you'll always have peace of mind when banking online.
- Instantly activate your credit card
- Check your balance and a real-time display of your credit card transactions
- Receive account alerts as push notifications
- iPhone users can sign in using their fingerprint with Touch ID Sensor
- Find and book Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants
What is Emirates Skywards?
Emirates Skywards is the award-winning frequent flyer programme of Emirates Airlines. Membership of the programme provides access to a world of exclusive benefits designed to make travel more rewarding and enjoyable. For more details, please go to emirates.com
How are my Skywards Miles earned and transferred?
At the end of your statement cycle, the number of Skywards Miles earned from retail purchases will be credited to your Emirates Skywards account within 15 days after the close of the statement cycle. Skywards Miles can only be transferred to your Emirates Skywards account at the end of your statement cycle.
A cardholder must provide their Emirates Skywards membership number to Citi in order for the Skyward Miles transfer to occur. If you do not provide us with your Emirates Skywards membership number within six months of our approval of your Account you may forfeit any Skywards Miles you have accrued.
Do I need to be an Emirates Skywards member?
Yes. In order for Citi to transfer Skywards Miles to your Emirates Skywards account, you must provide us with your Emirates Skywards membership number either on your application form when applying for your Emirates Citi World Mastercard® or by calling CitiPhone on 1800 460 7431800 460 743. To become an Emirates Skywards member, join now at emirates.com. Membership is free.
If there are additional cardholders on my account, who receives the additional Skywards Miles?
Skywards Miles may only be transferred to the primary cardholder's Emirates Skywards account regardless of who purchased the retail transactions.
What can Skywards Miles be redeemed for?
Skywards Miles can be redeemed for:
Emirates offers direct flights to many cities across Asia, Europe and New Zealand, including flying to 22 destinations in Europe from Australia (6 of these within the UK). Redemption rates are highly competitive versus other airlines. Please visit the Emirates Skywards Miles Calculator to view the redemption rates for Emirates flights.
Skywards Miles can also be used to redeem for international flights with other Emirates Skywards partners. For more details, please visit emirates.com
Hotels and tours
Skywards Miles can be redeemed with hotels, car rentals and other leisure and lifestyle partners.
The Emirates High Street12
The Emirates High Street allows Emirates Skywards members to use their Skywards Miles to purchase products and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. There is something for everyone – from Lego toys for the kids, to a Frauscher Motor Yacht for you. What's more, purchases can be delivered to any one of more than 60 countries across the globe.
For added convenience, you can make purchases using Skywards Miles, cash via your Emirates Citi World Mastercard®, or a combination of both.
How do I redeem my Skywards Miles?
Flights, hotels and tours
To redeem your Skywards Miles log onto your Emirates Skywards account at emirates.com and follow the instructions.
The Emirates High Street
Visit The Emirates High Street at emirates.com. View the products on offer and choose the one you would like. To choose payment options (cash, cash plus Miles, Miles only) click the "calculate" link which will appear next to each product's photo and also on the screen when you click "add to shopping cart". If you opt to use cash plus Miles or Miles only, when you check out, the website will prompt you to enter your Emirates Skywards membership number and the applicable Skywards Miles will be deducted from your Emirates Skywards account as payment.
For all other queries relating to Emirates Skywards, please call the Service Centre on 1300 555 5511300 555 551.
How do I access Emirates Lounges in Australia?
Each Emirates Citi World Mastercard® primary cardholder is automatically provided two complimentary Emirates Lounge Access vouchers per year to access any Emirates Lounge in Australia upon payment of their annual fee.
To use the vouchers, you (the primary cardholder) must have purchased a ticket for an Emirates marketed and operated flight with your Emirates Citi World Card. Your entry to the Emirates Lounge in Australia prior to your flight will be granted upon presentation of a valid voucher.
If you wish to use both vouchers at the same time by you and a guest, the guest must be departing on the same flight as you, and you must have paid for the guest’s ticket with your Emirates Citi World Card.
Please note, Emirates Lounge Access Vouchers are not valid on Qantas marketed flights or on any other codeshare.
How do I book the Chauffeur-driven transfer?
Primary cardholders using their Emirates Citi World Card to book and pay for a ticket on an Emirates long haul flight in Economy Class will be eligible for a complimentary chauffeur-drive transfer to and from an Australian airport once every calendar year.
You (the primary cardholder) must be travelling on an Emirates marketed, operated flight number and aircraft to be eligible for the complimentary chauffer-drive service. This is valid for the primary cardholder and one guest, from one pick-up point. There is a total luggage limit of one suitcase plus one carry-on bag per person. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or infant car seat is required. Excludes Trans-Tasman flights, Emirates Skywards reward tickets, travel industry tickets and group bookings.
Kilometre restrictions for each capital city in Australia apply – click here for each capital city's kilometre cap. Any travel which exceeds the kilometre cap will not be eligible for this service.
This service must be booked at least 72 hours prior to departure by calling Emirates on 1300 303 7771300 303 777.
Chauffeur-drive is provided by Emirates and their authorised third parties to Emirates Citi World Card cardholders. Citi accepts no liability for this service.
Can I use Citi Reward Points or Skywards Miles to redeem for items from the Citi Rewards Program?
No. As an Emirates Citi World cardholder, you are enrolled in the Emirates Skywards frequent flyer programme to earn and redeem Skywards Miles. If you have a different Citi credit card earning Citi Reward Points, you cannot combine or transfer Skywards Miles to redeem for the Citi Rewards Program.
Still have a question?
Fees and charges apply. Terms and Conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit criteria apply. New cards customers only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Please allow up to 15 days to process your Application subject to verification. Offer ends 31 August 2017. Offer may be extended.
#Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, your credit rating, and subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $75,000 per year. Credit limit is up to $100,000 at point of initial approval. Over time, you may apply to increase your credit limit up to $100,000, if you satisfy our credit criteria.
- To be eligible for the 40,000 bonus Skywards Miles, you must apply for your Emirates Citi World Mastercard® before 31 August 2017, be approved and spend on your card within the first 90 days of card approval. Cash advances, balance transfers, BPAY and special promotions are excluded from this offer. To be eligible for the additional 10,000 Skywards Miles, within 90 days of card approval you must purchase airline tickets via emirates.com and spend a minimum of $500. A Cardholder must provide their Emirates Skywards membership number to Citi for the Skywards Miles transfer to occur. You are required to provide Citi with your valid Emirates Skywards membership number within six months of your account opening, otherwise your Skywards Miles will be forfeited. Bonus Skywards Miles will ordinarily be credited within eight to ten weeks of meeting spend criteria. Membership and the earning and redemption of Skywards Miles are subject to the Emirates Skywards Programme Terms and conditions.
- Subject to your acceptance, you will be billed an annual fee of $149 in the first year. This will revert to the full annual fee, currently $299, in subsequent years.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application, for a period of 9 months. The 9 month promotional period commences once balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.74% p.a. This offer ends 31 August 2017. Offer may be extended.
- An Emirates Citi World Mastercard® cardholder must be a member of the Emirates Skywards frequent flyer program to earn Skywards Miles. Membership is free and subject to Emirates Skywards terms and conditions. Domestic Spend and International Spend means any Eligible Transaction made with a merchant who respectively tells us they are located within Australia or outside Australia. Eligible Transaction is defined in the Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) cash advances, balance transfers, special promotions, BPAY payments, government related transactions and all other transactions set out within the definition. Emirates spend means airline tickets purchased via emirates.com. A cardholder must provide their Emirates Skywards membership number to Citi in order for the Skywards Miles transfer to occur. Skywards Miles are transferred to the cardholder's Emirates Skywards account at the end of each statement cycle. Please allow up to 15 days from the end of your statement cycle for Skywards Miles to be credited into your Emirates Skywards account.
- Each Emirates Citi World Card primary cardholder is provided two complimentary Emirates Lounge Access vouchers per year to access any Emirates Lounge in Australia upon payment of their annual fee. To use the vouchers, the primary cardholder must have purchased a ticket for an Emirates marketed and operated flight with their Emirates Citi World Card. Entry to the Emirates Lounge in Australia will be granted upon presentation of a valid voucher by the primary cardholder and on the condition that the Emirates Citi World Card was used to purchase the ticket for an Emirates marketed and operated flight. The second voucher may be used by the primary cardholder on a subsequent ticket purchase for travel on an Emirates marketed and operated flight. Alternatively, both vouchers can be used at the same time by the primary cardholder and a guest departing on the same flight, provided the primary cardholder has paid for the guest’s ticket with their Emirates Citi World Card. Emirates Lounge Access Vouchers are not valid on Qantas marketed flights or on any other codeshare. The Emirates Lounge Vouchers cannot be renewed once expired. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced.
- Primary cardholders using their Emirates Citi World Card to book and pay for a ticket on an Emirates long haul flight in Economy Class will be eligible for a complimentary Chauffeur-drive transfer to and from an Australian airport once every calendar year. The cardholder must be travelling on an Emirates marketed, operated flight number and aircraft to be eligible for the complimentary chauffer drive service. This is valid for the primary cardholder and one guest, from one pick-up point. There is a total luggage limit of one suitcase plus one carry-on bag per person. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or infant car seat is required. Excludes Trans-Tasman flights, Emirates Skywards reward tickets, travel industry tickets and group bookings. Kilometre restrictions for each capital city in Australia apply. Please refer to http://www.emirates.com/au/english/flying/chauffeur_drive/chauffeur-drive.aspx for each capital city’s kilometre cap. Any travel which exceeds the kilometre cap will not be eligible for this service. This service must be booked at least 72 hours prior to departure by calling Emirates on 1300 303 7771300 303 777. Chauffeur-drive is provided by Emirates and their authorised third parties to Emirates Citi World Card cardholders. Citi accepts no liability for this service.
- Conditions apply. Visit citibank.com.au/dine
- Complimentary Insurance is issued and managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) (AFSL No.245631 ABN 52 097 227 177), 74 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850), 2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, and is subject to Terms, Conditions, and exclusions, some limits and excess may apply. The Terms and Conditions are available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance
- Exclusive offers and discounts supplied by Mastercard®. Visit mastercard.com.au/world or Priceless.com for details.
- Payment must be made using an Emirates Citi World Mastercard®. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citi and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com/au/ for up-to-date offer details.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or when you have Balance Transfers.
- The Emirates High Street is a rewards program offered by Emirates and subject to the terms and conditions specified by Emirates. For more information, please visit emirateshighstreet.com
- Exclusive offers supplied by Mastercard. Visit worldcard.mastercard.com for details.
Emirates Citi World Mastercard® Card ("Credit Card"). Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard Incorporated. PayPass and World Mastercard are trademarks of Mastercard Incorporated. World Program Terms and Conditions apply.
© 2017 Citigroup Pty Limited. All rights reserved. ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.