Emirates Citibank World
From inspiration to destination and everything in between.
The Emirates Citibank World Card is the perfect companion for every world traveller, packed with premium travel rewards and complimentary benefits.
Apply now and take advantage of 40,000 bonus Skywards Miles on your first spend1. You will also receive a half-price annual fee in your first year2 and 0% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers (reverts to cash advance rate)3.
Enjoy access to:
- A generous earn rate of:
- 1 Skywards Mile for every A$1 spent in Australia4
- 1.5 Skywards Miles for every A$1 spent overseas4
- 2 Skywards Miles for every A$1 spent on airline tickets purchased via emirates.com4
- Two complimentary lounge passes for the primary cardholder per year at any Emirates Lounge in Australia when flying Emirates5
- One complimentary chauffeur-drive service per year to and from the airport when flying Emirates6
- Complimentary International Travel Insurances and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurances7. Find out more
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold membership upgrade
- World Golf benefits.
|Minimum Income Requirement||$75,000 p.a.|
|Additional Cardholders||Up to 4|
|Additional Cardholder Minimum Age||16|
For more information on the fees and charges involved with any Citibank Credit Card, view the Citibank Fees and Charges here.
|Emirates Skywards member||
|Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold membership upgrade||Starwood Gold status provides you benefits from room upgrades to other exclusive benefits after your first night's stay at selected Starwood Hotels or Resorts in the Asia Pacific.|
|World Golf benefits||Access to some of the most celebrated golf properties in the world. Play on world-famous Tournament Players Club (TPC) courses and receive on site perks at PGA Tour events.|
|Citibank Dining Program||Free wine every time you dine with the Citibank Dining Program.|
|Citibank World Privileges11||Get up to 25% off special offers through Citibank World Privileges|
|Personal 24 Hour Concierge Services
Enjoy the privilege and convenience of a Personal Concierge to provide you with information and assistance for both business and pleasure. This service can recommend a restaurant in New York, book theatre tickets in London and arrange flowers or last-minute gifts for family and friends. They will take care of the little things, so you can look after the big ones. With Emirates Citi Platinum you can use the Personal Concierge from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Yes, please call 1800 460 743|
|Exclusive World MasterCard travel and entertainment benefits14||Indulge in a large range of carefully curated local and global experiences across travel, premium retail, golf and entertainment only for World cardholders at mastercard.com.au/world|
See how the value adds up
|Customer Benefit||Estimated Value|
|Free bottles of wine
RRP of 6 average Dining Program bottles. Assumes 6 dining experiences.
|Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance
Based on cost of comparable cover
|Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurance
Based on cost of comparable cover
|Complimentary International Travel Insurance
Based on cost of comparable cover
|Complimentary Priority Pass™ Membership
RRP of Standard Membership
|Complimentary Priority Pass™ Lounge visits
RRP of 2 lounge visits
|Total estimated value||$584|
|Annual fee in first year||$149|
Net customer value
Some of these features are not available for sale, so we have estimated their retail value. Actual value may be more or less based on individual use. Conditions and exclusions apply. Assumes enrolment in the Citibank Rewards Program.
Peace of mind
|Complimentary International Travel Insurance7||Yes|
|Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance7||Yes|
|Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance7||Yes|
|Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurancee7||Yes|
|Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme7||Yes|
|Emergency card replacement||Yes|
|24/7 Customer Service||Yes|
|Interstate Flight Inconvenience||Yes|
Applying for a Citibank Credit Card is simple. The application process should take less than 10 minutes to complete if you have all your personal information ready. You will receive a response in 60 seconds after submitting the form.
Please refer to the How to Apply page for further information.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Citi Miles Program FAQ
The Skywards Miles Program offers 1 Skywards Mile per $1 spent in Australia, 1.5 Skywards Miles per $1 spent internationally, and 2 Skywards Miles per $1 on Emirates spend.
Skywards Miles are automatically transferred to your Skywards account at the end of each statement cycle. Once transferred, the Skywards Miles can be used to redeem flights (domestic or international on Emirates and its partner airlines), hotels stays or products from The Emirates High Street.
At the end of your statement cycle, the number of Skywards Miles earned from retail purchases will be credited to your Skywards account within 15 days after the close of the statement cycle. Skywards Miles can only be transferred to your Skywards account at the end of your statement cycle.
A Cardholder must provide their Skywards membership number to Citibank in order for the Skyward Miles transfer to occur. If you do not provide us with your Skywards Account number within six months of our approval of your Account you may forfeit any Skywards Miles you have accrued.
Yes. In order for Citi to transfer Skywards Miles to your Skywards account, you must provide us with your Skywards membership number either on your application form when applying for your Emirates Citibank World Card or by calling CitiPhone on 1800 460 743. To apply for Skywards membership or to view the full terms and conditions, please visit www.skywards.com. Membership is free.
Skywards Miles may only be transferred to the primary cardholder's Skywards account regardless of who purchased the retail transactions.
Skywards Miles can be redeemed for
- International flights
- Emirates offers direct flights to many cities across Asia, Europe and New Zealand, including flying to 22 destinations in Europe from Australia (6 of these within the UK). Redemption rates are highly competitive versus other airlines. Please visit http://www.skywards.com/Mileage_Calculator.aspx to view the redemption rates for Emirates flights.
- In addition, Skywards Miles can also be used to redeem for international flights with other Skywards partners. For more details, please visit www.skywards.com
- Hotels and tours
- Skywards Miles can also be redeemed with hotels, car rentals and other leisure and lifestyle partners.
- The Emirates High Street4
- The Emirates High Street is an exciting new offering that allows Skywards members to use their Skywards Miles to purchase products and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. There is something for everyone - from Lego toys for the kids, to a Frauscher Motor Yacht for yourself. What's more, purchases can be delivered to any one of more than 60 countries across the globe.
- For added convenience, you can make purchases using Skywards Miles, cash (with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card) or a combination of Miles and cash
- Simply visit www.emirateshighstreet.com to see what's on offer. If you don't have online access, you can call 1300 766 116 for help with your purchase.
Flights, Hotels and Tours
To redeem your Skywards Miles log onto your Skywards account at www.skywards.com and follow the instructions.
The Emirates High Street
Visit The Emirates High Street website at www.skywards.com View the products on offer and choose the one you would like. To choose payment options (cash, cash plus Miles, Miles only) click the "calculate" link which will appear next to each product's photo and also on the screen when you click "add to shopping cart". If you opt to use cash plus Miles or Miles only, when you check out, the website will prompt you to enter your Skywards membership number and the applicable Skywards Miles will be deducted from your Skywards account as payment.
For all other queries relating to Skywards, please call the Service Centre on 1300 555 551.
The special features of the card include Emirates Lounge access, and chauffeur-driven transfers.
Each Emirates Citibank World Cardholder is automatically provided two complimentary Emirates Lounge Voucher per year to access any Emirates Lounge in Australia when travelling on the same Emirates flight that you have purchased with your Emirates Citibank World card.
Entry to the Emirates Lounge in Australia prior to your Emirates flight will be granted upon presentation of a valid voucher for the Cardholder. Emirates Lounges are administered by Emirates and/or third parties for Emirates.
Chauffeur-driven transfers to and from Australian airports for Emirates Citibank customers travelling in economy class on an Emirates flight is restricted to once per annum on purchasing an Emirates long-haul flight with your Emirates Citibank World Card.
Maximum capacity per car is 2 adults, with total luggage limit of two suitcases plus one carry-on bag. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or infant car seat is required. Excludes Trans Tasman flights, Skywards Miles redemption tickets, travel industry tickets and group bookings.
Mileage restrictions apply for details visit www.emirates.com/au.
This service must be booked at least 72 hours prior to departure by calling Emirates on 1300 303 777.
The Emirates Citibank World Cardholder must be travelling on the booked flight to be eligible for the complimentary chauffer drive service.
Chauffeur-drive is provided by Emirates and their authorised third parties to Emirates Citibank World Cardholders. Citibank accepts no liability for this service.
No, the Skywards Miles Program and the Citibank Rewards Program are two separate programs. Skywards Miles and Citibank Reward Points are not combinable or transferable.
Emirates currently operates 86 flights per week from five cities in Australia to Dubai - Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. As one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, Emirates now flies to over 130 destinations worldwide across six continents including New Zealand, Asia, the Middle East and over 30 destinations in Europe. With one of the youngest fleets in the sky, Emirates is among the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly airlines. Complementing this modern fleet is a highly trained, international cabin crew, delivering a service that is designed to pamper you from the moment your journey begins.To learn more about Emirates, please visit the Emirates website at emirates.com/au
About Emirates Skywards
Emirates Skywards, the award-winning frequent flyer programme from Emirates, offers four tiers of membership - Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum - with each membership tier providing exclusive privileges. Skywards Miles are earned when flying Emirates or any of its partner airlines, on retail purchases with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card and when transacting with other Emirates Skywards partners. Skywards Miles can be redeemed for an amazing range of rewards. Emirates Skywards redemption rates for return reward flights include:
- New Zealand from 36,000 Skywards Miles
- South East Asia from 45,000 Skywards Miles
- Europe from 96,000 Skywards Miles
To learn more about Emirates Skywards and to apply for membership, please visit www.emirates.com. Membership is free.
Fees and charges apply. Terms and Conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit criteria apply. New customers only.
Please allow up to 15 days to process your Application subject to verification. Offer ends 31 December 2015.
- To be eligible for the 40,000 bonus Skywards Miles, you must apply for your Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® before
31 December 2015 and spend on your card within three months of card approval. Cash advances, balance transfers and special promotions are excluded from this offer. A Cardholder must provide the Emirates Skywards membership number to Citibank for the Skywards Miles transfer to occur. You are required to provide Citibank with your valid Emirates Skywards membership number within six months of your account opening, otherwise your Skywards Miles will be forfeited.
- Subject to your acceptance, you will be charged $149 in the first year. This will revert back to the standard annual fee, currently $299, in subsequent years. There is no annual fee for Supplementary Emirates Citibank World Cards.
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application, for a period of 9 months. The 9 month promotional period commences once balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate or Cash Advances, currently 21.24% p.a.
- An Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® cardholder must be a member of the Emirates Skywards frequent flyer program to earn Skywards Miles. Membership is free and subject to Emirates Skywards terms and conditions. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers and Special Promotions are excluded from this offer. Skywards Miles are currently earned at a rate of 1 Skywards Mile for every domestic A$1 spent, 1.5 Skywards Miles for every international $1 spent, and 2 Skywards Miles are earned for every $1 spent on Emirates spend. Emirates spend means airline tickets purchased via emirates.com. A cardholder must provide their Emirates Skywards membership number to Citibank in order for the Skywards Miles transfer to occur. Skywards Miles are transferred to the cardholder's Emirates Skywards account at the end of each statement cycle. Please allow up to 15 days from the end of your statement cycle for Skywards Miles to be credited into your Emirates Skywards account.
- Each Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® cardholder is automatically provided two complimentary Emirates Lounge Vouchers per year for the Primary Cardholder to access any Emirates Lounge in Australia. To use the vouchers, the Cardholder must have purchased a ticket for an Emirates booked and operated flight and on an Emirates aircraft that they are travelling on with their Emirates Citibank World MasterCard®. Entry to the Emirates Lounge in Australia prior to the Emirates flight will be granted upon presentation of a valid voucher for the Cardholder. The second voucher may be used by the Primary Cardholder on a subsequent ticket purchase for travel on an Emirates booked and operated flight and on an Emirates aircraft. Alternatively, it can be used to take along a guest departing on the same flight as the Cardholder and which the Cardholder has paid for the guest's flight ticket with their Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® . Emirates Lounge Access Vouchers are not valid on Qantas Flight numbers operated by Emirates, or on any codeshare flights.
- Chauffeur-driven transfers to and from Australian airports for Emirates Citibank customers travelling in Economy Class on an Emirates operated flight number and aircraft is restricted to once per calendar year on purchasing an Emirates operated
long-haul flight with an Emirates operated flight number and aircraft with your Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® by the primary card holder. Maximum capacity per car is 2 adults, with total luggage limit of two suitcases plus one carry-on bag. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or infant car seat is required. Excludes Trans-Tasman flights, Skywards Miles redemption tickets, travel industry tickets and group bookings. Mileage restrictions apply for details visit www.emirates.com/au. This service must be booked at least 72 hours prior to departure by calling Emirates on 1300 303 777. The Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® holder must be travelling on the Emirates operated flight number and aircraft to be eligible for the complimentary chauffer drive service. Chauffeur-drive is provided by Emirates and their authorised third parties to Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® Cardholders. Citibank accepts no liability for this service.
- Complimentary Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme are provided automatically to cardholders under a master agreement between Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL No. 232507 and Citigroup Pty Limited, and are subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance. An excess applies to Purchase Cover Insurance.
- Please visit citibank.com.au/dining for important information about how to use this program to receive a free bottle of wine.
- Based on redemption rates as of November 2013 for a return Economy Class, Skywards Saver Reward flight, excluding taxes from Australia (East).
- The Emirates High Street is a rewards program offered by Emirates and subject to the terms and conditions specified by Emirates. For more information, please visit emirateshighstreet.com
- Payment must be made using an Emirates Citibank World MasterCard®. Discounts on accommodation and dining available at participating outlets. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citibank and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com for up-to-date offer details.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.
- Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, your credit rating, and subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $75,000 per year. Credit limit is up to $100,000 at point of initial approval. Over time, you may apply to increase your credit limit up to $100,000, if you satisfy our credit criteria.
- Exclusive offers and discounts supplied by MasterCard. Visit mastercard.com.au/privileges or PricelessSydney.com.au for details.
Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® Card ("Credit Card"). MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard Incorporated. PayPass and World MasterCard are trademarks of MasterCard Incorporated. World Program Terms and Conditions apply.
© 2015 Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098 ("Citibank") is the credit provider and issuer of the Emirates Citibank World MasterCard® ("Credit Card").