Make the most of your money with an account that can earn high interest and enjoy the flexibility of instant access to your money whenever you need it.
- Earn 2.95%p.a. standard variable rate for the portion of your balance between $10,000 to $1 million. For any part of your balance which exceeds $1 million you'll earn a 1.75%p.a. standard variable rate.
- Interest calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Unlimited free transactions1, no monthly fee and Visa Debit.
- No ATM fees at more than 3,000 Citibank, Westpac, St. George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATMs around Australia.
- Minimum ongoing balance of $10,000.
- Access to your money 24 hours a day, seven days a week through phone, online and mobile banking.
- Balances of up to $250,000 held with Citibank will be covered by the Financial Claims Scheme2.
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|Minimum ongoing balance||$10,000|
|Funds at call|
Interest on the Citibank Ultimate Saver is stepped which means that different portions of your balance may attract different interest rates. The portion of your balance between $10,000 and $1million will attract the highest rate of interest.
|Interest earned||View rates|
|Australia Post Bank@Post Outlets|
|Free transactions per month||Unlimited1|
|Fee per withdrawal thereafter||$0|
|Monthly account keeping fee||$0|
Apply for a Citibank Ultimate Saver today and start saving.
- Apply Online
- Visit a branch
- Print out application form
- Call us on 13 24 8413 24 84, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What you will need:
You will need the following information to apply for a Citibank Ultimate Saver:
|Proof of age:||You must be over 18 years of age or older.|
|Identification:||You must be able to be identified in Australia at or before account opening. This includes providing two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo identification, to an Australia Post outlet or one of our branches.|
|Signature card:||You will need to complete and submit a signature card at the end of the application process for your account. Please bring your signature card into one of our branches or mail it to us at the Citibank address specified on the signature card form.|
|Personal details:||Residential address, contact details (for all account holders if applying for a joint account) and your current e-mail address. We will confirm your application and send your electronic notices to this e-mail address.|
|Tax File Number (TFN):||Or valid exemption - you do not have to provide your TFN, but without it we will be required to deduct tax at the top marginal rate.|
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
- High interest rate on your savings, calculated daily and paid monthly
- Unlimited free transactions and no ATM fees at Citi, Westpac-branded, St.George* and BankSA ATMs around Australia2
- No monthly fee or transaction fees. -(Charges for bank cheques, international payments and foreign currency services, overdrafts, dishonours and other product services apply. Please refer to the schedule of fees and charges for full details).
- Easy access to your money at anytime via online banking, phone banking, branch, ATMs and all through just one account.
There is NO monthly fee for this account.
Yes, a minimum balance of $10,000 must be maintained in your Citibank Ultimate Saver.
If you do not meet the ongoing monthly balance requirement, Citibank reserves the right to close the account and refund the balance in the account to you.
There are no restrictions on the maximum amount that can be placed in this account.
Switching Bank Accounts
Citibank has a free and easy service to transfer your regular payments to your new Citibank account. Switch now.
Simply complete the Salary Credit form and return to your employer.
Opening a Citibank Ultimate Saver
To apply for a Citibank Ultimate Saver you have the following options:
To activate your account you will be required to identify yourself at any Australia Post outlet of Citibank branch. To do this you will need to complete the identification forms provided at the end of the application process or available online.
Once your account is open you can do everything online at www.citibank.com.au, including checking your account balance, transferring funds, paying bills, changing your address and much more.
No, this account is available to personal customers only. For business accounts a great rate is available through the Ultimate Business Saver.
No, you do not need to come into a Citibank branch to apply for this account. You can apply online or over the phone.
Yes. Just follow the online application process and click on the 'joint account' option. Alternately, you can fill in the details about the joint holder in the paper application form.
Your Citibank Ultimate Saver Account number is provided at the end of the online application and will also be sent in writing once your account is open.
From the time we receive your application and identification documents, it can take up to 3 business days to activate your account(s) and up to 7 business days for you to receive your Visa Debit Citicard, ATM PIN, CitiPhone Banking Telephone PIN (TPIN) and deposit book (if you do not already have one).
We will advise you by email that your account is open.
When you apply for Citibank Ultimate Saver, you will be asked to agree to receive your monthly account statement electronically. The statement will be placed securely within Citibank Online for you to view once you have logged in.
You can call CitiPhone Banking on 1300 137 931 or (+61 2 8225 0615 if you are calling from overseas) to speak to a Citibank Customer Service Operator. CitiPhone Banking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Terms & Conditions apply and are available on request
- Unlimited free transactions apply to those made in Australia but excludes charges for bank cheques, international payments and foreign currency services, overdrafts, dishonours, direct charges from other ATM owners and other general banking services (click our Schedule of Fees and Charges link above).
- Total balances held by a depositor with Citibank, up to an amount of AUD$250,000, automatically access the Financial Claims Scheme. For more information go to www.apra.gov.au or call 1300 55 88 49.
Ultimate Saver is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL 238098 ("Citibank"). Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for you.
Further information and our dispute resolution process is available at www.citibank.com.au or by phone on 1300 137 931.
© 2013 Citigroup Pty Limited. Citibank®, Citi® and Arc Design® are service marks of Citigroup Inc.