Tick off your wish list sooner by earning interest on every dollar you save. Best of all there's no minimum balance and no account fees2. Simply link your Citibank Online Saver to any other Australian bank account and transfer money in and out as you need.
- A great variable introductory rate of 4.65% p.a.1 for the first 4 months from your account opening, on balances less than $500,000. At the end of the introductory rate period you'll receive our standard variable rate, currently 3.20% p.a.1.
- No account fees2 and no minimum balance.
- No fixed terms or hidden catches.
- Interest, calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Instant access to your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week through phone and internet banking.
- Simply link your Citibank Online Saver to your Citibank Plus everyday account or to your external bank account and move your funds to or from your Citibank Online Saver whenever you need them. Just make sure your linked bank account allows you to transfer money to other bank accounts.
- Balances of up to $250,000 held with Citibank will be covered by the Financial Claims Scheme3.
Regular Savings Plan
Grow your savings by setting up a Regular Savings Plan. A Regular Savings Plan will automatically make regular contributions to your Citibank Online Saver to help you reach your savings goals sooner.
Start earning high interest
As soon as your Citibank Online Saver is open you will start earning our great introductory rate. Apply now and earn interest on every dollar you save.
|Deposits||Unlimited (from any Australian source)*|
|Withdrawals||Unlimited (to your Nominated Linked Account)|
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|Minimum ongoing balance||$0|
|Monthly Statement||Yes (e-statement only)|
Cheques must be in the name of the account holder.
Cash deposits are not available on this account.
- No account fees2
- Unlimited free deposits2
- Unlimited free withdrawals to your Nominated Linked account.
- For other general bank fees please see our Schedule of Fees and Charges.
See how quickly your savings will grow with a Citibank Online Saver.
This calculator is meant to be a general guide only and does not take into account any fees, charges and taxes that may be payable. We have not considered your personal circumstances. The results shown by the calculator are approximate only and should not be used as exact values. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly. The formula used for these calculations may change without notice.
Apply for a Citibank Online Saver account and start saving today.
What you will need:
You will need the following information to apply for a Citibank Online Saver account:
|Proof of age:||You must be over 18 years of age or older.|
|Resident requirement:||You must be a resident of Australia.|
|Personal details:||Residential address, contact details (for all account holders if applying for a joint account) and your current e-mail address. We will confirm your application and send your electronic notices to this e-mail address.|
|Tax File Number or valid exception:||You do not have to provide your TFN, but without it we will be required to deduct tax at the top marginal rate.|
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Before opening your account
Applying for a Citibank Online Saver
Managing my Citibank Online Saver
Terms & Conditions apply and are available on request.
- The Variable Introductory Rate is offered for 4 months from the date of account opening and is applicable on the first Citibank Online Saver that you open, where your balance is between $0 and $499,999.99. At the end of the 4 month introductory period or for balances $500,000.00 or more the Standard Variable Rate applicable at that time will apply to the full balance. Rates are subject to change at any time.
- While no account fees are payable on your Citibank Online Saver, fees may apply to your Nominated Linked Account. Please check with the financial institution where your Nominated Linked Account is held. For service fees that might apply, please refer to the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
- Total balances held by a depositor with Citibank, up to an amount of AUD$250,000, automatically access the Financial Claims Scheme. For more information go to www.apra.gov.au or call 1300 55 88 49.
- Deposits can be made into a Citibank Online Saver from your Nominated Linked Account, any direct credit (from an Australian source), cheque (made out to the account holder), dividend payments (dividend payment made through cheque will need to be deposited at National Australia Bank) and any other electronic credit source. Note that cash deposits are not available into this account.
Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your particular circumstances.
Details on our dispute resolution system and full details of the terms and conditions are available by calling 13 24 84 or at citibank.com.au. Citibank Online Saver is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL 238098 ("Citibank"). You should consider whether or not this product is appropriate for your particular circumstances.
© 2013 Citigroup Pty Limited. Citibank®, Citi® and Arc Design® are service marks of Citigroup Inc.