Citibank Plus is a fee free account that offers a host of benefits like a bottle of award winning wine at partner restaurants1, global advantages, an extensive local ATM network and much more.
- Fee free, no catches.
- A free bottle of award winning wine every time you dine and use your card to pay at participating restaurants in the Citibank Dining Program1.
- Fee free ATM withdrawals at over 3,000 Citibank, Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATMs around Australia.
- Fee free use of your Citibank Visa Debit Card around the globe to make in store purchases or withdraw cash at ATMs2.
- Free international money transfers from Australia to any account, anywhere in the world.
- Instant money transfers when sending funds overseas to another Citibank account using Citibank Global Transfers3.
- Visa Debit Card for online, domestic and overseas purchases.
- Access anytime, anywhere through online, phone or mobile banking.
- Make the transition to your new Citibank Plus account fast and simple with Citibank's switching service.
|Fees||Monthly account fee||Dis honour fee||Bank cheques||Overseas ATM withdrawal fees||Overseas Direct Purchase Fee||Citibank Dining Program|
|$6.00||$5.00||$10.00||$5.00 + 3% of transaction value||3% of transaction value||Not offered|
|ANZ||$5.00||$6.00||$7.50||$5.00 + 3% of transaction value||3% of transaction value||Not offered|
|Westpac||$5.00||$9.00||$5.00||$5.00 + 3% of transaction value||3% of transaction value||Not offered|
|NAB||Free||Free||$12.00||$4.00 + 2% of transaction value||2% of transaction value||Not offered|
Source of comparison chart: Rates are published rates. This table has been provided by Infochoice.com.au from information provided by institutions listed as at 6 July 2012 and may be varied. No monthly account fee applicable in some instances, subject to certain criteria. Bank cheque fees priced based on cheques that are requested online. The products compared in this table are ANZ Access Advantage, Commonwealth Bank Complete Access, NAB Classic Banking and Westpac Choice accounts.
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|Minimum ongoing balance||$0|
|Funds at call|
|Interest earned||View rates|
|Cheque book access|
|Australia Post Bank@Post Outlets|
Product Fees and Charges
|Unlimited free transactions1||$0|
|Monthly account keeping fee||$0|
|Citibank Global Transfers||$0 fee to transfer funds to Citibank accounts in 25 countries worldwide2.|
Apply for a Citibank Plus account.
What you will need:
You will need the following information to apply for a Citibank Plus account:
|Proof of age:||You must be over 18 years of age or older.|
|Identification:||You must be able to be identified in Australia at or before account opening. This includes providing two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo identification, to an Australia Post outlet or one of our branches.|
|Signature card:||You will need to complete and submit a signature card at the end of the application process for your account. Please bring your signature card into one of our branches or mail it to us at the Citibank address specified on the signature card form.|
|Personal details:||Residential address, contact details (for all account holders if applying for a joint account) and your current e-mail address. We will confirm your application and send your electronic notices to this e-mail address.|
|Tax File Number (TFN):||Or valid exemption - you do not have to provide your TFN, but without it we will be required to deduct tax at the top marginal rate.|
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Product Fees and Charges
You can apply for this account online. To activate your account you will be required to complete, sign and return some identification documents at the end of the application.
Once your account is open you can do everything online at www.citibank.com.au, including checking your account balance, transferring funds, paying bills, changing your address and much more.
No, this account is available to personal customers only. It is not available to corporations, trusts and other entities.
No, you do not need to come into a Citibank branch, you can apply online.
However, you can submit your paper application form and your identification documents to one of our Citibank branches.
Yes. Just follow the online application process and click on the 'joint account' option. Please note, Citibank Plus cannot be set up to require both parties to authorise transactions.
Your Citibank Plus Transaction Account number is provided at the end of the online application.
Once your account is opened it will also be sent in writing.
From the time we receive your application and identification documents, it can take up to 3 business days to activate your account(s).
We will advise you by email that your account is open. If you do not already have one you will also receive a Citicard, ATM PIN and deposit book in the mail. If this is your first Citibank account, we will also send you a CitiPhone Banking Telephone PIN (TPIN).
When you apply for Citibank Plus, you will be asked to agree to receive your monthly account statement electronically. The statement will be placed securely within Citibank Online for you to view once you have logged in.
You can call CitiPhone Banking on 13 24 84 or (+61 2 8225 0615 if you are calling from overseas) to speak to a Citibank Customer Service Officer. CitiPhone Banking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Interest, Fees and Charges
Citibank Plus account is a fee free everyday account. What's more is that you'll also benefit from no international fees. This means no international ATM or point of sale fees when using your account abroad2, as well as free international money transfers to any account anywhere in the world. Funds will also be transferred instantly if sent to another Citibank account with Citibank Global Transfers3.
Interest is calculated and paid only on the balance in your Citibank Plus Linked Savings Account(s). This is calculated on the daily closing balance and is paid into your savings account at the end of each month, so that you earn interest on interest.
The current interest rate is always available at www.citibank.com.au. Simply click on Current Interest Rate.
Every dollar in the Citibank Plus Linked Savings Account(s) earns full interest from the day it is deposited into your account.
No, you can have as much or as little as you like in your account at any time. Every dollar in your Citibank Plus Linked Savings Account(s) earns interest.
Switching Bank Accounts
Direct debits are an agreement between yourself and the merchant or service provider, therefore you will need to contact the company directly to advise them of your new account details. For details about switching bank accounts refer to our step-by-step guide.
You need to contact your previous financial institution personally to close your account. You should first make sure all your service providers have redirected any direct credits or debits to your new account before you close your old account.
Citibank Global Transfers
Citibank Global Transfers allow you to use Citibank Online to transfer funds easily to and from Citi accounts in 25countries worldwide. Transfer funds abroad from your Citi Australia Account and receive deposits from participating Citi locations around the world.
You can access free and unlimited Citibank Global Transfers through your Citibank Plus Transaction account. Find out more.
Visit our international services page to see a full list of participating countries.
Funds are converted to the destination account currency at the exchange rate specified to you on Citibank Online before you confirm your transaction. This exchange rate includes a commission for the conversion service.
Transfers will normally reach the destination account almost immediately after being effected, but in some cases (depending on the availability of processing facilities at the destination) may take a maximum of 24 hours.
No, you can send fee free global transfers to Citibank accounts overseas in any name.
Free Citibank Global Transfers are only available to Citibank accounts in participating countries worldwide. To open a Citibank account in another country, please contact the relevant country.
You can send money to non-Citibank accounts using "Transfer Money Abroad". A $25.00 transfer fee applies for this service. Find out more.
Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
- Citibank's Dining Program is operated by Pinpoint Pty Ltd ABN 49 002 693 656 and Zenith Wine Agencies Pty Ltd ABN 66 128 399 717 and is open to Citibank cardholders. The cardholder is entitled to receive a gift of a selected bottle of wine when using their Citibank debit card to pay for their restaurant bill. This offer is available only at participating partner restaurants for dine-in customers who order a minimum of a main course and is limited to one free bottle of wine per booking. Split bills are not permitted. The free bottle of wine must be requested at the time of ordering. The free bottle of wine cannot be taken away or consumed off premises and is not available to customers selecting a degustation menu option with matching wines. The free bottle of wine specified may be out of stock or replaced. Should this occur, the restaurant will provide a similar quality bottle of wine at their discretion.
- Non-Citibank and non-Partner* ATM owners may charge you a fee for use of their ATMs. *Partner ATMs include Westpac branded, St. George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATMs within Australia.
- Free international transfers available from Citibank Australia to select Citibank accounts in more than 25 countries worldwide using Citibank Global Transfers. Daily transfer limit applies. Funds are converted to the destination account currency at the exchange rate specified to you on Citibank Online before you confirm your transaction. This exchange rate includes a commission for the conversion service. Subject to local regulations, transfers will normally reach the destination account almost immediately after being effected, but in some cases (depending on the availability of processing facilities at the destination) may take a maximum of 24 hours.
Total balances held by a depositor with Citibank, up to an amount of AUD$250,000, automatically access the Financial Claims Scheme. For more information go to www.apra.gov.au or call 1300 55 88 49.
Citibank Plus is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL 238098 ('Citibank'). The Terms and Conditions that apply are available on request.
Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your particular circumstances.
Further information and our dispute resolution process is available at www.citibank.com.au or by phone on 1300 137 931.
© 2013 Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL No. 238098. Citibank®, Citi® and Arc Design® are service marks of Citigroup Inc.