Citibank Plus is Australia's only fee free bank account. Enjoy exclusive benefits, such as a free bottle of wine every time you dine at partner restaurants and extensive global advantages including fee free international transfers to any bank account worldwide. Conveniently access your account at over 3,000 ATMs across Australia, or use your free Visa Debit card for in-store, online or overseas purchases. Switch to a Citibank Plus everyday account and start enjoying fee free banking.
- Compare Australia's only completely fee free everyday bank account, Citibank Plus, against its competitors
- Compare Australia's only completely free everyday account, Citibank Plus, against its competitors
- Instant access to your cash at over 3,000 Citibank, Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs throughout Australia
- Free international money transfers from Australia to any account, anywhere in the world
- Instant money transfers when sending funds overseas to another Citibank account using Citibank Global Transfers (CGT)1
- A free Visa Debit card, so you can shop in-store, online, or overseas using your own money
- Secure online, mobile, tablet and phone banking
- SMS notifications to help you keep track of your account activity with Citi alerts
- A free bottle of wine every time you dine and pay with your card at Citibank Dining Program restaurants2
- Learn how you can upgrade to the Citibank Saver Package and receive a cash back bonus.
- Switch your regular payments and salary quickly and easily.
|Unlimited fee free transactions|
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|ATM & EFTPOS|
|Visa Debit Card|
|Bank@Post - Australia Post|
Apply for a Citibank Plus account
What you need to know before applying:
|You must be over 18 years old|
|You need a valid email and Australian residential address|
|If applying for a joint account, you'll need your joint applicants details as well|
|The account can only be used as a personal account (not as a business account)|
|A Tax File Number (TFN). While it is not mandatory to provide your TFN, without this we are required to deduct tax at the top marginal rate|
|At least two of the following forms of identification - Australian drivers licence, Medicare card or Passport, so we can verify your identity electronically|
What happens after you submit your application online:
|You'll receive a your account number once you've completed the online application form|
|Check the mail within 5-7 working days for your Welcome Pack which will contain your new Visa Debit Card, ATM PIN and CitiPhone Banking Telephone PIN (TPIN).|
|Use the application status tracker to check the progress of your application.|
Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
- Citibank Global Transfers available from Citibank Australia to eligible Citibank accounts in selected countries/destinations. Daily transfer limit applies. Funds are converted to the destination account currency at the exchange rate specified to you on Citibank Online before you confirm your transaction. This exchange rate includes a commission for the conversion service. Subject to local regulations, transfers will normally reach destination account immediately, but in some cases may take 24 hours.
- Conditions apply. Visit www.citibank.com.au/dine.
Total balances held by a depositor with Citibank, up to an amount of AUD$250,000, automatically access the Financial Claims Scheme. For more information go to www.apra.gov.au or call 1300 55 88 49.
Citibank Plus is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL and Australian credit licence 238098. The Terms and Conditions apply. Any advice is general advice only and was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your circumstances. Further information and our dispute resolution process is available at www.citibank.com.au or by phone on 1300 137 931.
© 2013 Citigroup Pty Limited. Citibank Citibank®, Citi® and Arc Design® are service marks of Citigroup Inc.