Enjoy fee-free everyday banking with Citibank Plus and until 31 May 2015, you'll also get 5% cashback* (up to $500 per month) on your Visa payWave purchases, when you deposit $2,000 or more per month.
- Never pay account fees or transaction fees with a Citibank Plus everyday account.
- Get a free Visa Debit card, with Visa payWave, so you can shop online, in-store or overseas using your own funds.
- Use any Citibank, Westpac, St. George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM in Australia, free of charge.
- Access your Citibank Plus account online (desktop, tablet and mobile), through 24/7 phone banking, or at any Citibank branch or Australia Post.
- Pay $0 Citibank fees for any overseas ATM or in-store transactions1.
- Fee-free international money transfers to any bank, anywhere2.
- Enjoy free, instant money transfers to Citibank accounts, in selected countries, via Citibank Global Transfers3.
- Receive a free bottle of wine every time you dine at Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants and pay with your Visa Debit card4.
|Unlimited fee free transactions|
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|ATM & EFTPOS|
|Visa Debit Card|
|Bank@Post - Australia Post|
Apply for a Citibank Plus account
What you need to know before applying:
|You must be over 18 years old|
|You need a valid email and Australian residential address|
|If applying for a joint account, you'll need your joint applicants details as well|
|The account can only be used as a personal account (not as a business account)|
|A Tax File Number (TFN). While it is not mandatory to provide your TFN, without this we are required to deduct tax at the top marginal rate|
|At least two of the following forms of identification - Australian drivers licence, Medicare card or Passport, so we can verify your identity electronically|
What happens after you submit your application online:
|You'll receive a your account number once you've completed the online application form|
|Check the mail within 5-7 working days for your Welcome Pack which will contain your new Visa Debit Card, ATM PIN and CitiPhone Banking Telephone PIN (TPIN).|
|Use the application status tracker to check the progress of your application.|
Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
Cashback amount is capped at $500 per month. The 5% cashback offer is available to customers who open their first Citibank Plus account between 14/01/15 and 28/02/15. The cashback offer applies to Visa payWave purchases under $100 that are made in Australia. The cashback offer will apply, when at least $2,000 is deposited into an eligible Citibank Plus account from a non Citibank account by the last day of the calendar month. The cashback amount received will be based on the cashback percentage of 5%. The cashback will be made into the relevant Citibank Plus account from which, the Visa payWave purchases were made, the next calendar month. The cashback offer will be valid until 31/05/2015. Should this offer be used in a manner that is not satisfactory or in line with the intent of the offer, we may refuse to apply the rebate to any or all purchases, or reverse the amount of the cashbacks. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. If you are a resident of Australia for the purpose of Australian income tax, then you should include cashback amounts received in your assessable income in your Australian income tax return. This does not constitute taxation advice. You should seek your own independent taxation advice taking into account your circumstances.
- Citibank Australia does not charge Citibank Plus everyday account holders a fee when they withdraw funds from an international ATM or use their Visa Debit card to make in-store purchases overseas. Customers may be charged by the third party provider, which Citibank Australia does not control.
- The receiving bank may charge a fee.
- Citibank Global Transfers available from Citibank Australia to eligible Citibank accounts in selected countries/destinations. Daily transfer limit applies. Funds are converted to the destination account currency at the exchange rate specified to you on Citibank Online before you confirm your transaction. This exchange rate includes a commission for the conversion service. Subject to local regulations, transfers will normally reach destination account immediately, but in some cases may take 24 hours.
- Conditions apply. Visit www.citibankdining.com.au.
Citibank Plus is issued by Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSLNo. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098. Any advice is general advice only. It was prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider if it's appropriate for your particular circumstances. Details on our dispute resolution system and full details of the terms and conditions are available by calling 13 24 84 or at citibank.com.au.