Managed funds provide one of the most effective and convenient ways of achieving your long-term investment goals using professional investment management. They can deliver both capital growth and income returns by giving you access to professional investment expertise across a variety of asset classes and investment styles.
You are over 16 years of age
You are joint investors e.g. husband and wife
You represent a company, trust, or partnership
You are a resident or non-resident investor*
You want a DIY super fund
You are just starting out or are already on the path to wealth creation, we can offer you a range of leading investment managers and funds.
At Citibank, we offer you the opportunity to invest in a range of investment managers and funds through two distinct methods:
Individual managed funds Individual managed funds can help you to achieve your investment objective using one specific professional investment manager. They allow you to:
Pool your money with that of other investors to purchase assets such as shares, property, fixed interest and cash (in Australia and overseas)
Invest into assets and markets you may not have been able to access
Access professional fund managers who actively manage your money
Achieve a regular income stream and capital growth over the long term.
A Wrap Account or Master Trust A Wrap Account or Master Trust can provide you with a way to achieve growth and income across different fund managers, all-in-one investment reporting and simple administration. Wrap and Master Trust platforms may variously provide:
All the benefits of an individual managed fund
Access to managed funds usually only available to large investors
Lower investment management fees than retail funds by gaining access to funds at wholesale rates
Comprehensive consolidated reporting including Capital Gains Tax Reporting
Ability to access ASX listed securities
Margin lending facilities
Online access to investment information
Ability to transfer in existing funds and securities.
How managed funds can enhance your investment portfolio:
A simple and convenient way to invest - Managed funds make it easier for you to monitor the performance of your investment and simplify administration and reporting. If you were investing directly in these assets, you would need to do these things yourself.
Diversification across asset classes - Managed funds allow even small investments exposure to a range of asset classes, providing investment opportunities that would be unavailable to individuals.
Diversification across investment managers - You can further diversify by using more than one investment manager or fund, which means you can benefit from a wide pool of investment managers who employ different investment styles.
Diversification across markets - The Australian share market represents approximately 3% of the total value of the world share market. Not only can managed funds give you easy access to the other 97% of the world's sharemarkets, they can also give you exposure to global bond and property markets, as well as specific regions and countries.
Professional management - Investing through a managed fund provides the benefit of specialist investment expertise from qualified professionals.
Greater investment power - The research capability, access to global markets and buying power that a managed fund offers, opens up opportunities for investors that are simply not available to them as individuals.
Stronger performance potential - The discipline, experience and resources of professional investment management can provide better returns than trying to 'pick' the best opportunities yourself.
Performance tracking - Dedicated fund managers will be constantly monitoring market developments, so you don't have to!